Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Jan 13, 2009, 11:59 PM   #1
ace2600
macrumors member

gzip handling in NSURLConnection

I've read that NSURLConnection automatically decompresses request that are gzipped. Without having to specify accept-encoding or anything in the request. In doing an asynchronous NSURLConnection, I print the lengths of the returned data in each didReceiveData call, but it appears to be the uncompressed length.

Does NSURLConnection decompress the data before sending to didReceiveData? How can I tell if the data being received was originally compressed?

Thanks!
ace2600 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2009, 02:57 AM   #2
caveman_uk

I seem to recall reading somewhere that this behavior was an unannounced change between SDK versions.
caveman_uk is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming