Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

domness

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 14, 2008
Sheffield, UK
Hi everyone, I am a developer for the iPhone/iPod Touch platform, and I was wandering if anybody had any preferences for an App they'd like to see on the App Store.

I'm open to most suggestions.

yalag

Suspended
Nov 18, 2007
Hi everyone, I am a developer for the iPhone/iPod Touch platform, and I was wandering if anybody had any preferences for an App they'd like to see on the App Store.

I'm open to most suggestions.

I would like an app that generates app ideas.

kas23

macrumors 603
Oct 28, 2007
There was a thread not too long ago asking the very same thing. Go back a few pages looking for it. I put some of my ideas in there and it is full of others. Good luck.

DrDanH

macrumors newbie
Oct 5, 2008
With the success of iFart, will we see...?

... a raft of other bodily-function based Apps?

iDrool- makes baby noises
iSweat- monitors perspiration
iSniffle- monitors broadcasts for pollen alerts
iSick- monitors for flu outbreaks in your area
iSmell- measures bacterial growth and recommends shower intervals
iAche- exercise monitor

And of course...

iShart- lets you know you need to change your underwear

iC***- plays a faked orgasm sound (not that anyone listening could tell faked from real anyway)

;)

KRAPPS

macrumors 6502
Nov 9, 2008
... a raft of other bodily-function based Apps?

iDrool- makes baby noises

LOL ... these is actually an app called iBirthControl ... UI is "the pill" case, each pill is a crying baby sound ... theory behind this is that crying babies are annoying and will deter the whole baby-making process ... and so nice of the developers, it's FREE :D

orrelse44

macrumors regular
Nov 15, 2007
1. Bagpipes!!!!!!

2. Dark Tower (or a game similar to it). It was popular in the 80s..it was really cool.

iflanagan

macrumors newbie
Jan 6, 2010
ever lose your ipod? develop this please much needed

Well the other day i couldnt find my ipod but after i found it this idea came to my head. If someone could develop an app for the ipod touch where if you lose it you can find it by having it set off a remote activated alarm possibly set off by your cell phone or a computer

return7

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008

intruso

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2010
Hi! I have a very good idea for an APP. Maybe we would need a jailbreaked iphone but here goes:

- Making use of the proximity sensor, when on a call, if we get the iphone away from our face it would automaticly get loud speaker hands free. When getting the iphone back to your face it would cancel the hands-free and return to normal ear speaker.

Good idea don't you agree?

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Hi! I have a very good idea for an APP. Maybe we would need a jailbreaked iphone but here goes:

- Making use of the proximity sensor, when on a call, if we get the iphone away from our face it would automaticly get loud speaker hands free. When getting the iphone back to your face it would cancel the hands-free and return to normal ear speaker.

Good idea don't you agree?

I think that is a great idea! I would love to see something like that in the future. Makes browsing the web and talking on the phone at the same time even easier!

G4R2

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2006
I'd like to see an app that works as Bluetooth remote for the Playstation 3. My primary interest would be to use it as the BD/DVD controller. I'm sure others would like to use it as a game controller as well.

RubbishBBspeed

macrumors regular
Aug 1, 2009
There's an APP for that. well apple no there bloody isn't.

I'd love an app that allows me to use US store apps within the UK. We are well aware that the UK is a dictatorship and getting worse but for Apple to be in on the act with the 'your can't have that' as well is not funny. No wonder people are getting peeved off and abandoning ship.

DavieBoy

macrumors 6502
Jan 8, 2009
New Jersey
I would like to see a universal remote app that allows me to control any televesion, stereo, blu-ray player, etc. I think that would be awesome.

I think they just announced them but you have to put a adapter and yurn your phone upside down.

I think there are also ones that work over wifi but you have to buy hardware. I remember it being expensive, im gonna look again because I really would like a remote that I can use to control multiple rooms.

Anyway. I want an app that allows you to use your computer as a bluetooth speaker. But I think that would be a computer app more than a phone app.

syner

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2008
http://www.totalcontrolapp.com

or

http://totalcontrolapp.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=108&Itemid=92

no dongle
wifi so no line of sight
full IR dbase
IR learner
IR blaster + emitters
no pc required for use
other functionality

totalcontrolremotepr.jpg

agkm800

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2009
I do have a few app ideas in my idea note. Will ya split 50/50? Have you developed any app yet?

amorya

macrumors 6502
Jun 17, 2007
I do have a few app ideas in my idea note. Will ya split 50/50?

Split 50/50 between the guy who had the idea and the guy who actually makes it happen?

Ideas are not worth much. I'd buy someone a beer in return for an idea, if it was a particularly good one. Much more valuable is the interaction design (which involves hundreds of hours of sketching interfaces, trying mockups on the phone, drawing out common workflows and routes through your app), and the coding itself (a similar number of hours breaking the problem down into smaller steps, and wrestling with annoying bugs).

If by idea you mean something that can be summed up in two sentences, like "An app to manage your academic references, that lets you put in an author and date and it'll search google scholar for your article", then it's not worth anything much. If you mean something more elaborate, like the interaction design process I described above, then it might be valuable, if you're any good at it. But it's not a quick process: I'd expect many weeks' worth of work.

Sorry for a bit of a rant. I've just spent the entire day wrestling with a bug relating to reordering the rows in a table view, so I'm a bit annoyed at the perception that an idea is as valuable as the work of a good programmer.

Amorya

return7

macrumors 6502
Oct 8, 2008
Split 50/50 between the guy who had the idea and the guy who actually makes it happen?

Ideas are not worth much. I'd buy someone a beer in return for an idea, if it was a particularly good one. Much more valuable is the interaction design (which involves hundreds of hours of sketching interfaces, trying mockups on the phone, drawing out common workflows and routes through your app), and the coding itself (a similar number of hours breaking the problem down into smaller steps, and wrestling with annoying bugs).

If by idea you mean something that can be summed up in two sentences, like "An app to manage your academic references, that lets you put in an author and date and it'll search google scholar for your article", then it's not worth anything much. If you mean something more elaborate, like the interaction design process I described above, then it might be valuable, if you're any good at it. But it's not a quick process: I'd expect many weeks' worth of work.

Sorry for a bit of a rant. I've just spent the entire day wrestling with a bug relating to reordering the rows in a table view, so I'm a bit annoyed at the perception that an idea is as valuable as the work of a good programmer.

Amorya

I almost posted a something along these lines, but decided against it.

Hattiejakes

macrumors newbie
Mar 13, 2010
Student documentor

Hi, I'd really like to be able to sync my observations of children that I make on the playground to my Eprofile program which is used by schools across the UK. If I could type my obs into the phone and they wirelessly shot across to the program I'd be in heaven and it would save hours on paper work.... there is a program called 'Student Documentor' which is very similar but at £600 far too expensive for the average teacher to buy.
Thanks!
http://www.schools.bedfordshire.gov.uk/im/EProfile/

CylonGlitch

macrumors 68030
Jul 7, 2009
Nashville
An app that I want, was going to write, but just don't have the time to do it right now. Spelling lists for my kids. Here is how it works. Parent can run the app and in a password protected section, RECORD the spelling words one at a time, and then type in the correct spelling.

In the kids section, they can pick the list (all lists could be saved?) and they HEAR the word spoken to them and then they have to type it in.

If you make it, all I ask is for a free promo code. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.