Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Jan 15, 2009, 12:33 PM   #1
lithiastudios
macrumors newbie

Photo Library Access?

I have an application that I'm working on that I would like to have seamless access to the user's photo library. I would like to access the photos directly without having to use UIImagePickerController and showing the dialog.

From what I can tell, there's no way to do this without using private APIs which could result in denial from the App Store.

So as a workaround, I was thinking of using UIImagePickerController, having the user pick as many photos as they want from the dialog, and for each photo save them to the Documents folder for my app. Then my app could access those photos directly in the future.

What I'm wondering is (Assuming the overall idea is valid) what is the maximum size limit of an app's documents folder?

Also, another option could be to insert data into a SQL Lite DB, but I'm also not sure of what the maximum size of the DB can be.

Thanks much!
lithiastudios is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2009, 03:09 PM   #2
krye
macrumors 68000

Remember that your app should behave in a manor that iPhone users expect it to behave. Don't use a round about short cut method that will not be intuitive or inconvenient to the user.

Anyway, I thought the only limitation was how much free memory the device has. (And not RAM, I mean flash). If your app wants to store 4 Gigs of stuff, then so be it.
krye is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming