Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jan 15, 2009, 09:41 PM   #1
MacNoobie
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to MacNoobie Send a message via Yahoo to MacNoobie
iPhone 3G 3 way calling

I know this is another thread about 3 way calling not working but I thought I'd share my experience. I called up at&t got this awesome woman on the other end that told me that 3 way calling was enabled on my account. I explained to her that I read online that people called up at&t and they said yes its enabled but transferred me to their tech department before realizing that somewhere else it wasn't (some other application). So she offers to transfer me to the apple techs but I explain what I'd read and she offered to transfer me to at&t tech. So we go through the whole spiel, he says that he talked to the apple tech, they were having issues with the 3 way calling at this time (what do you mean at this time.. software wise or.. service). Since I have a "single line" on my account that I couldn't do 2 or 3 way calling. The Apple tech said she had 4 lines on her account and could do up to 4 people.

So is any of this ********?? or is there some truth behind having 2-3 lines on your account (maybe a family plan with 2-3 phones on it for example) to make 3 way calling work. I've actually never heard that you need 2+ lines to make it work on anything other then a land line because that was a limitation to the network and the way the phones worked.

Do I need to call back and get a different tech that would make things hunky dory or just suck up having a single line?
Old Jan 16, 2009, 09:02 AM   #2
DPA
macrumors 65816

Location: trapped as a prisoner of a purple aurora and an aluminum device
Having to have 2+ lines on your accounts does sound like a hunk of ********!!! This sounds like a lame excuse from AT&T because their crappy network is having problems.

David
Old Jan 16, 2009, 06:19 PM   #3
MacNoobie
macrumors 6502a

****** service is right it works perfectly now on both EDGE & 3G.
Old Jan 16, 2009, 10:17 PM   #4
DPA
macrumors 65816

Like I said, ****** up service. I was really hoping to see the unlocked iPhone for $499 and $599 at Macworld, I guess I'll just have to wait for the iPhone cycle to start in June. I would love a Verizon iPhone.

David
Old Jan 17, 2009, 05:49 AM   #5
MacNoobie
macrumors 6502a

I'd love to see one on tmobile honestly their plans are inexpensive and wtf for 35 a month unlimited data/text.. where 200/1500/Unlimited messages costs $5/15/20 extra on top of the data plans.

I dont mind paying but damn its going to end up $130 for what tmobile charges ~75 for.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 06:09 PM   #6
Plasity
macrumors newbie

Quick Question.. I've Been Looking For This Everywhere But.. Most People Say AT&T Has 3 Way Calling On Iphones.. Am I Right? Well Now, My Question Is... Does Rogers Have It Aswell? Or Did I Just Get Screwed? It Hadn't Said Anything About It In The Information Pack That Came With The Iphone.. I've Been Looking For This Everywhere!!
Plasity is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2009, 07:04 PM   #7
DPA
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasity View Post
Quick Question.. I've Been Looking For This Everywhere But.. Most People Say AT&T Has 3 Way Calling On Iphones.. Am I Right? Well Now, My Question Is... Does Rogers Have It Aswell? Or Did I Just Get Screwed? It Hadn't Said Anything About It In The Information Pack That Came With The Iphone.. I've Been Looking For This Everywhere!!
AT&T does offer up to 5 way calling on iPhone for free. I believe you have to pay for 3 way calling with Rogers, but I live in the US not UK so I'm not sure.

David
Old Jan 20, 2009, 08:03 PM   #8
Acronym
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plasity View Post
i have called done three way calling on my iphone i am with Rogers im not sure if i was charged though.
Acronym is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting