Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting

Old Jan 16, 2009, 06:41 PM   #1
dg1
macrumors newbie

Iphone not taking calls

Has anyone had any problems with the iPhone 3G not taking calls? Friends have told me that they tried to call me but the phone didn't ring at all and there's no record in Recent Calls. I actually tried calling my phone from a landline and the same thing has happened. This has happened several times. It usually starts working again if I make an outgoing phonecall or reboot. I've only had my phone for about 1 month. Any ideas?

Thanks.
dg1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2009, 06:46 PM   #2
Opie
macrumors 6502a

Have you ever restored ? It may be a network problem too.
Opie is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 16, 2009, 09:13 PM   #3
DPA
macrumors 65816

Location: trapped as a prisoner of a purple aurora and an aluminum device
Have you removed and reinserted the SIM card with the SIM ejection tool? Sometimes there is not connection and you need to put a layer or two or tape on the side to push it against the "thing" that reads the card. Try the restore first if you haven't already and try turing off 3G service, see if you can take a call on Edge. I also hope you don't have it on Airplane Mode.

David
Old Jan 20, 2009, 03:52 PM   #4
dg1
macrumors newbie

Thanks, I tried all your suggestions plus re-booting again. So far it seems to be working.
Old Jan 20, 2009, 04:23 PM   #5
iFerd
macrumors 6502a

My first generation iPhone stopped accepting calls a few days ago. It also wasn't getting voice mail or text messages. Rebooting it took care of the problem.
iFerd is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 28, 2009, 05:49 PM   #6
dg1
macrumors newbie

The problem started again today and it actually happened 2x today after I rebooted. I finally went to the Genius Bar. Apparently, AT&T has been having problems with the 3G network. So they suggested turning off 3G.
Old Jan 28, 2009, 05:53 PM   #7
DPA
macrumors 65816

Location: trapped as a prisoner of a purple aurora and an aluminum device
Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1 View Post
The problem started again today and it actually happened 2x today after I rebooted. I finally went to the Genius Bar. Apparently, AT&T has been having problems with the 3G network. So they suggested turning off 3G.
The 3G network is going to take a long time to get working right. Maybe by the time 4G starts rolling out (2012-2015) it will be close to perfect. Much like 3G is out now and 2G is pretty good and reliable.

David

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPhone > iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting