Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jan 17, 2009, 01:28 PM   #1
jtdolphins
macrumors newbie

iwork 08 pages: Setting part of document to landscape

Is there a way to set part of the document to landscape?

In Word I would select the section and it allowed the option of setting the selected section to landscape. I don't see that option Pages. I was playing around with the different section breaks and margins, but couldn't figure out how to make it work.

I want some tables in landscape and the rest of the document in portrait.

This document will be going back and forth from Word on a PC to me. I have not had any problems so far, but I have only had my mac for a month.
jtdolphins is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2009, 03:33 PM   #2
nanoboy
macrumors member

I think i tried to do that as well in the past, but don't think / remember if i figured it out.

Best bet is to just rotate your table (as in rotating an object). Just click on the table as if you're resizing it. Then hold down the command key, move your mouse pointer to one of those circle points on one of the edges of the object, you can then do rotation.
nanoboy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2009, 06:27 PM   #3
jtdolphins
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanoboy View Post
I think i tried to do that as well in the past, but don't think / remember if i figured it out.

Best bet is to just rotate your table (as in rotating an object). Just click on the table as if you're resizing it. Then hold down the command key, move your mouse pointer to one of those circle points on one of the edges of the object, you can then do rotation.
I do not make my tables with the tools. My tables are manual, so there is no table to click on and rotate. Besides this does not transfer well with other people and makes editing hard for them.

It looks like I may have to invest in Word for the mac.
jtdolphins is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 17, 2009, 07:22 PM   #4
nanoboy
macrumors member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtdolphins View Post
I do not make my tables with the tools. My tables are manual, so there is no table to click on and rotate. Besides this does not transfer well with other people and makes editing hard for them.

It looks like I may have to invest in Word for the mac.
Or test out if iWork '09 offers this ability? Download the trial.
Old Jan 17, 2009, 07:40 PM   #5
nanoboy
macrumors member

I've found out that there's no way round this to mix landscape pages with portrait pages in one document.

Best way to do this now is just to have a separate file with only your table in it and set that as landscape. After you've reached your final version of writing with your collaborators, export both files in .pdf, then you can merge the two files together with some Mac OS X native tools or Adobe program.
Old Nov 18, 2009, 01:11 PM   #6
adamberti
macrumors regular

Came across this thread looking for a similar solution. I wanted a landscape table in the middle of my portrait document. Best way to do this is to make a text box, and then put a table inside that. You can rotate the text box 90 degrees, but not actual table itself. Not sure how this will work going back and forth between PC and Mac though....

EDIT: This is in iWork '09. Don't have '08 to test.
adamberti is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store