Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2009
I have a volume limit set too low. When I try to slide it up, it asks for a Volume Limit Code. What is this? It is not the same as my passcode, and I cannot figure it out.

Can you tell me how to increase the volume limit without knowing my VL Code?

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
I have a volume limit set too low. When I try to slide it up, it asks for a Volume Limit Code. What is this? It is not the same as my passcode, and I cannot figure it out.

Can you tell me how to increase the volume limit without knowing my VL Code?

Well technically you're the only one that should know it, as changing it requires that you set a code for it to begin with. If you didn't set it, then the only other thing would be that someone that you've let use it briefly has accidentally (or maybe purposely) set it. Unless you can get that code you'll probably have to do a restore.

nman

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 17, 2009
Thanks for the reply...but I can't imagine that having happened...I guess it did...it is not the same number as my passcode...does (some)one set it when trying to change the volume control the first time?

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
Thanks for the reply...but I can't imagine that having happened...I guess it did...it is not the same number as my passcode...does (some)one set it when trying to change the volume control the first time?

Yes.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.