Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games

Old Apr 3, 2014, 01:47 PM   #1
Solomani
macrumors 65816

Civ 5: finding uranium deposits

Hi all,

I have a hopefully simple question. I'm in the late game of Civ5, and upon obtaining the Fission (or something like that) technology, the Game Map revealed a couple of Uranium deposits to me.

Given that I have conquered roughly 1/3rd of the earth's known land mass at this point, I was revealed only 2 uranium sites. Rare I guess. The first spot was in a far corner of my empire, located in my small Babylonian province/enclave that was established to harass the mighty Gigantic American Empire (Autocratic rule LOLOL) right in his backyard.

But the second spot? Uhhh, the second uranium deposit was right exactly under my 2nd largest city of Akkad. Ugh. So my dilemma is, how the hell do I "mine" the uranium sitting right under a huge metropolis? Is this a bug, or did the game really intend to reveal random placements of uranium deposits late in the game, when much of the planet is already over-developed and covered with urban infrastructure?

thx for any response
Solomani is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2014, 01:59 PM   #2
SingularityG
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solomani View Post
Hi all,

I have a hopefully simple question. I'm in the late game of Civ5, and upon obtaining the Fission (or something like that) technology, the Game Map revealed a couple of Uranium deposits to me.

Given that I have conquered roughly 1/3rd of the earth's known land mass at this point, I was revealed only 2 uranium sites. Rare I guess. The first spot was in a far corner of my empire, located in my small Babylonian province/enclave that was established to harass the mighty Gigantic American Empire (Autocratic rule LOLOL) right in his backyard.

But the second spot? Uhhh, the second uranium deposit was right exactly under my 2nd largest city of Akkad. Ugh. So my dilemma is, how the hell do I "mine" the uranium sitting right under a huge metropolis? Is this a bug, or did the game really intend to reveal random placements of uranium deposits late in the game, when much of the planet is already over-developed and covered with urban infrastructure?

thx for any response
Do you have the city "work" that tile (in the city view)?
Old Apr 3, 2014, 05:39 PM   #3
cal6n
macrumors 68000

You don't need to mine it if it's on a hex that's occupied with a city. You'll automatically gain access to the resource. I believe the same is true for academies, manufactories, custom houses etc.
cal6n is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2014, 11:54 AM   #4
Solomani
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by cal6n View Post
You don't need to mine it if it's on a hex that's occupied with a city. You'll automatically gain access to the resource. I believe the same is true for academies, manufactories, custom houses etc.
Ahh ok! Thanks for the answer.
Solomani is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Special Interests > Mac and PC Games