Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Jan 18, 2009, 12:24 PM   #1
jacobsen1
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to jacobsen1
wireless mighty mouse help (scroll wheel click = open in new tab)?

OK, yeah, another mac n00b with another dumb question.

On my PC I used the scroll wheel click trick in FF all the time to open links in a new tab. I've set the mouse up (wireless mighty mouse) so the wheel/ball click is "button 3" which does the same thing, and it works.....

but... whenever I hover over a link, and right as I'm about to click it, the damn cursor always seems to jump off the link? That will then give me the scroll arrows instead of the new tab and if I then move the mouse at all the screen will fly in whatever direction I go... Any ideas on like a snap to setting or something similar that's making the cursor actually jump AWAY from the links? It's getting annoying.

Also, any suggestions as to why I'm having issues right clicking with this thing? It's not that I can't, it's that I only get the menu about half the time. When running VMware and windows it's even less often.

HELP!

TIA,
Ben
jacobsen1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 18, 2009, 01:17 PM   #2
BlueRevolution
macrumors 601

It's a problem with the design of the mouse itself. I do suggest going easy on the middle-clicking anyway, though. The scroll balls are notorious for wearing out, and then you can't scroll down, only up.

Because the mouse is touch-sensitive, it will only register a right-click when your fingers on the left side are not touching the mouse.

The Mighty Mouse: form over function.
Old Mar 3, 2009, 04:10 PM   #3
blueicedj
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueRevolution View Post
The Mighty Mouse: form over function.
lol, form...
blueicedj is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals