Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ryan.stewie

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 15, 2008
Australia
Now that Apple has signed agreements with TV labels for HD shows, and people have been spotting "HD" descriptions in some movies which have been quickly cleaned up, which probably means HD movies will be coming soon. Do you think Apple will ever offer HD Music Videos?

Blaine

macrumors 6502a
Dec 3, 2007
Abilene TX
Even if they do, the quality will probably be horrible. Their current HD shows are just plain awful. They really aren't even dvd quality. :(

WPeterson

macrumors member
Dec 14, 2008
New York
Even if they do, the quality will probably be horrible. Their current HD shows are just plain awful. They really aren't even dvd quality. :(

really? i never tried those HD shows on iTunes, but i guess they're 720p quality. according to your experience, they're just 500k lower streaming video?

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
really? i never tried those HD shows on iTunes, but i guess they're 720p quality. according to your experience, they're just 500k lower streaming video?

I don't know what crack he's smoking. They're definitely of good quality, but they're not worth the $$$, especially if you buy the seasons. I got a free episode of The Office in HD, and it is DVD+ quality. But don't even think it matches Blu-ray quality. If you want to compare, find somewhere to watch Lost on Blu-ray then watch one of the iTunes HD episodes. Not bad for a download (and for the size), but it's not even close.

As far as music videos, that would be nifty if they would stop charging $2 for a 5-minute video (compared to $2 for a 45-minute TV show). Drop the music videos to $1.49 and charge $2.49 for HD.

While we're talking HD, ADD AN UPGRADE OPTION. I have some old videos from the early days of iTunes video that look like crap at full size on my monitor. I would like the option to upgrade these to either the present quality or HD.

synagence

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
I've seldom seen HD music videos ANYWHERE on the net... even those less official channels seem to have nothing higher than SD broadcast quality.

I would love to see 720p videos with 256kbit audio and 1mbit video for example

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.