Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

R4z3r

macrumors member
Original poster
Jan 19, 2009
NJ
Hello,

I bought the older 15" macbook pro at the beginning / middle of summer [approx June] and tonight have experienced an odd problem.

To start at the beginning, I was working on a Wordpress design in Coda / Photoshop and when I plugged in my external hard drive [Western Digital 250GB Passport] it did not show up as it normally would on the desktop. Thinking this was odd I shut down the macbook pro and attempted to turn it back on. When attempting to turn the machine back on it would reach the White loading screen with the apple logo and the loading spinner below it. it would then stay on this screen for a while and would then reboot itself never booting into Mac OSX

I have started the machine using Cmd+v and the only thing that sticks out is that it shows IOUSB Family cannot enumerate...port 2 [which I have no idea which one that is]

I have also removed the battery and held the power button for ten seconds as I read online. I'm very worried and hope that someone here will be able to give me some advice, my forte is PC's...still very new with a Macintosh...

Thank you,
R4z3r

trainguy77

macrumors 68040
Nov 13, 2003
I second those two options. Do you have anything else connected via USB? I would disconnect everything and see if that helps.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.