Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Jan 20, 2009, 10:00 AM   #1
ohbrilliance
macrumors 6502a

moved-aside folder and empty files in XCode

I have been working on a Cocoa app, and found two files to be missing, a matching *h/*m pair that is the crux of my application.

The files are marked in red in XCode, and and non-existent in my source directory. Instead, I've found skeleton files for these under ImageView-1.moved-aside/

ImageView is the name of the application.

Does anybody know what could have caused this? Both for the deletion of files and the creation of skeleton files in moved-aside? Most strangely, I backed up all files on December 24th, and last compiled the application on December 29th, yet the files are missing both from my backup (a tar file) and the original source.
ohbrilliance is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2010, 02:05 AM   #2
Brain2000
macrumors newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohbrilliance View Post
I have been working on a Cocoa app, and found two files to be missing, a matching *h/*m pair that is the crux of my application.

The files are marked in red in XCode, and and non-existent in my source directory. Instead, I've found skeleton files for these under ImageView-1.moved-aside/

ImageView is the name of the application.

Does anybody know what could have caused this? Both for the deletion of files and the creation of skeleton files in moved-aside? Most strangely, I backed up all files on December 24th, and last compiled the application on December 29th, yet the files are missing both from my backup (a tar file) and the original source.
You most likely have renamed those files in XCode. If you rename a source file in XCode, the filename on disk still maintains the original filename. I find it to be a real pain that XCode doesn't rename the actual file. Search the directory for another file and you should find what you are looking for. Unless you really did delete it, even before your last backup, and never realized it...
Brain2000 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 30, 2010, 12:29 PM   #3
Sydde
macrumors 68000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain2000 View Post
You most likely have renamed those files in XCode. If you rename a source file in XCode, the filename on disk still maintains the original filename. I find it to be a real pain that XCode doesn't rename the actual file. Search the directory for another file and you should find what you are looking for. Unless you really did delete it, even before your last backup, and never realized it...
Odd. That has not been my experience. I mean, that would be really bad if you renamed a file and changed the #import(s) - the project would not compile.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming