Crash on view display (phone only; works in sim) - MacRumors Forums
Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Jan 20, 2009, 04:59 PM   #1
psychaosx
macrumors newbie

Crash on view display (phone only; works in sim)

Earlier today, my program was running fine, but I decided I wanted one of my views to look almost identical to another. So, I copied and pasted the appropriate view in Interface Builder and hooked up the connections to what the old view had been hooked up to.

Now when it runs on my phone, the phone freezes as soon as it tries to display the view. The view is created, but when I try to display the view in a Navigation Controller with this line
Code:
[[self navigationController] pushViewController:newController animated:YES];
the phone freezes.

I used Time Machine to recover my old nib file, then I did a clean build. The problem persists. However, it runs correctly in the iPhone simulator.

Does anyone have any suggestions?
psychaosx is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2009, 09:51 PM   #2
psychaosx
macrumors newbie

Alright, I fixed the problem by restoring my whole project in Time Machine. I can replicate the problem by pasting a second view into a nib file (resulting in 2 windows), then deleting the original view. My program will then crash whenever it tries to display the view, and the problem persists if I restore the file to what it used to be.
psychaosx is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming