Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Mar 11, 2004, 08:59 AM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Review: Rain Design iGo iMac Desk

Category: Reviews
Link: Review: Rain Design iGo iMac Desk
Posted on MacBytes.com

Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Mar 11, 2004, 09:25 AM   #2
Photorun
Banned

Wow, I sometimes forget how anti Mac techtv is (may as well call it techpeecee) until I read their tripe, that article couldn't be more snarky to the Mac if they didn't break down whining like Cindy Brady "I hate you Mac, I hate you" (note, out of jealousy of course because Apple innovates unlike most the sh** on techtv). Sure, the desk sounds kinda sucky and completely worthless for all but a computer station, but that's not what I read as much as typical misguided unnecessary and clueless Mac bashing.

SSDD.
Photorun is offline   0
Old Mar 11, 2004, 10:03 AM   #3
odditie
macrumors member

I don't know if the desk has any real value to an average person (come on, if you are going to spend $400 on a desk that will just hold your iMac, why wouldn't you have a G5 anyways?) but I think it is a pretty cool desk all in all, and I think it would look awesome at Apple Stores...
odditie is offline   0
Old Mar 11, 2004, 10:37 AM   #4
markjones05
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Photorun
Wow, I sometimes forget how anti Mac techtv is (may as well call it techpeecee) until I read their tripe, that article couldn't be more snarky to the Mac if they didn't break down whining like Cindy Brady "I hate you Mac, I hate you" (note, out of jealousy of course because Apple innovates unlike most the sh** on techtv). Sure, the desk sounds kinda sucky and completely worthless for all but a computer station, but that's not what I read as much as typical misguided unnecessary and clueless Mac bashing.

SSDD.
I don't think TechTV is anti mac at all. I watch all the time, and they are never unfair when reviewing mac or pc products. Maybe macs dont get as much air time as pc's but that is because the majority of people use pc's so it makes sense. In fact I have found TechTV is one of the most impartial and honest stations there is when it comes to reviewing and rating new technology. If it sucks, they'll say it sucks, weather it be pc or mac.
markjones05 is offline   0
Old Mar 11, 2004, 11:10 AM   #5
mrsebastian
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to mrsebastian
i don't see that as a mac biased article and yes i agree that techtv is not mac biased by any means. as for the desk, i agree with the article, the cost to value ratio seems a little off. of course it does look cool and that what this product is all about. i wouldn't buy it, but it is pretty cool.
Old Mar 11, 2004, 11:18 AM   #6
redAPPLE
macrumors 68030

what is wrong with a flower pot stander? i love flowers. i love flower pots
redAPPLE is offline   0
Old Mar 11, 2004, 01:30 PM   #7
1macker1
Banned

I wanted one of those desk. I saw it a while bac in a MacWorld magazine. But once i logged on to the site and saw the price, i said nooo way.

As far as tech tv goes, i watch it all the time, and the seem to like apple products a lot.
1macker1 is offline   0
Old Mar 11, 2004, 07:57 PM   #8
TomSmithMacEd
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to TomSmithMacEd
Tech Tv isn't anti mac. They rae just real about things. Leo Leporte is a mac user himself. He just got a new G5 and is going to do a full article on it soon. They LOVE the iPod still nothing has beat it. And they were amazed with the 20" iMac. They do make fun of how clingly us mac fanatics are, but that is what the PC "modder" people do.
http://www.xanga.com/erikmyxter
Looking for a powerbook.
TomSmithMacEd is offline   0
Old Mar 12, 2004, 12:18 AM   #9
J-Squire
macrumors regular

These are crazy

At the Apple Store I used to work out, our manager brought some back from MacWorld and we set our demo iMacs up on them.

They are very cool for a retail environment (not just for selling macs, but in any store that allows customers computer access, and takes advantage of the uber-coolness of the iMac). Although TechTV reviewed the sitting one, I only have seen the standing one, which is higher, so that customers can stand and use the computer.

But seriously, these things are VERY well made. Just the engineering and thought that has gone into them is crazy. The cables are kept completely invisible, and the overall design goes very well with the iMac. I give it two thumbs up for anyone considering using it in a shopping environment where looks count, but i couldn't see the need for it at the home
J-Squire is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion