Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Do you like make up on women?

• Yes

Votes: 49 51.0%
  • No

Votes: 47 49.0%

• Total voters

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
Hi guys,

I've always hated that women wear make up, especially those who over do it. I prefer no make up at all on a woman.

I added a pole and wanted to see what other men thought about this :p just for fun!

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
lol, yeah I know that its there choice, but my question is do you like it when ur girlfriend or girls in general wear make up..? I think they look better without it..

Rapmastac1

macrumors 65816
Aug 5, 2006
In the Depths of the SLC!
I don't mind makeup, but I like natural beauty. I saw a woman today at the store and I wanted to stop her and ask "Do you do face paintings?". She had so much makeup, not just a lot of foundation but way too much eyeliner and mascara.

Makeup can enhance a woman's beauty and that is ok with me. I find it really attractive when I girl has black hair, bright green eyes, and black eyeliner and mascara.

But there should be a middle ground in this post. I like women who wear makeup but I don't care if they don't, there is no option for me! You need "YES", "NO", "DOESN'T MATTER", "NO MAKEUP, NO SERVICE".

That would make for better poll results.

Suspended
Jan 18, 2005
I'm not a fan of make up, I'm a fan of those natually beautiful* bunch :)

*I hate that term. It makes it sound like you need makeup to be beautiful. Or maybe it's just my ears.

TuffLuffJimmy

macrumors G3
Apr 6, 2007
Portland, OR
lol, yeah I know that its there choice, but my question is do you like it when ur girlfriend or girls in general wear make up..? I think they look better without it..

"they, them"
it really doesn't matter and I find it a little offensive that you're grouping all women into one box. You should say, "I just don't like make up"

My girlfriend doesn't really wear make up... or clothes...

...or exist.

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Hi guys,

I've always hated that women wear make up, especially those who over do it. I prefer no make up at all on a woman.

I added a pole and wanted to see what other men thought about this :p just for fun!

Women who overdo the makeup are often found by a pole. :eek:

L

Lau

Of course, a lot of those who proclaim that "women shouldn't wear makeup" would, at the same time, say a girl was a minger if they had bad skin that they haven't covered up by makeup. And regularly and cheerfully drool away over airbrushed women in pictures with artifically flawless skin, darkened eyes, and so on.

And probably don't realise that a whole lot of women they think don't wear makeup (but are so naturally beautiful OMG!!!), actually do, just in a more subtle way.

I don't wear makeup myself, but it's all good if people choose to, I reckon. Whatever they feel suits them.

Yamcha

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
"they, them"
it really doesn't matter and I find it a little offensive that you're grouping all women into one box. You should say, "I just don't like make up"

My girlfriend doesn't really wear make up... or clothes...

...or exist.

Dude wtf is wrong with you :p, no offense, but your turning this negative, I'm not a sexist I just want women to know that they look beautiful without that crap on there face :p My gf does use make up, I don't get angry at her or anything :p. Im doing the vote so women on the forum realize that make up isn't neccessary, assuming they put it on for us in the first place?

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Lau said:
Of course, a lot of those who proclaim that "women shouldn't wear makeup" would, at the same time, say a girl was a minger if they had bad skin that they haven't covered up by makeup.

Thank you for saying so succinctly what I was failing to put into words after starting a post twice...

I wear makeup, although I need a change in look, and I'm not particularly interested in what some geeky young men on a Mac forum have to say about it. :D

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
Would everyone be so up in arms if the 'pole' was 'do you like it when guys wear cargo shorts?'

It was simple question of preference.

No1451

macrumors 6502
Oct 20, 2008
Ottawa, ON
I wear makeup, although I need a change in look, and I'm not particularly interested in what some geeky young men on a Mac forum have to say about it. :D

Ow, our collective pride.

At any rate, the answer the question, its not really something that enters into my thought processes(what with me being a geeky young mac forum lurker as Blue Velvet put it, and not getting many ladies anyway:) ).

P.S. I never go for those who glob it on, too much is too much.

Mord

macrumors G4
Aug 24, 2003
UK
I do not wear makeup, I have however been told by a beautician that I have incredibly health skin. I doubt I'll ever bother with the stuff as I get older either, I prefer to present myself warts and all.

I generally dislike the stuff on others but each to their own.

teflon

macrumors 6502a
May 28, 2007
Im doing the vote so women on the forum realize that make up isn't neccessary, assuming they put it on for us in the first place?

No... not always anyways. I'd still put on makeup even if I knew I was going to an all girl party. Do guys only dress up/ groom for women? I doubt it.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
Do guys only dress up/ groom for women? I doubt it.
Usually yes.:D I am not smelling good just to hang out with the guys.

If I am meeting a cute girl I am going to look better. And no I am not going to put on makeup.

If a girl looks great without makeup I say don't over do it. If a girl needs a ton of makeup it starts to look desperate.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.