Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old Jan 23, 2009, 02:49 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Musicians turn to tech-savvy audience

Category: Tunes
Link: Musicians turn to tech-savvy audience
Description:: At least someone is "getting it" even if its not the music companies.

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old Jan 23, 2009, 02:54 PM   #2
Tenebrous
macrumors member

The suits in the article don't have a clue. Most music consumption will be through a smartphone, huh. *laughs* I wasn't aware that music was consumed "through" anything. The internet is a series of tubes, indeed.
Old Jan 23, 2009, 03:20 PM   #3
jayducharme
macrumors 68010

Wait a minute -- 95% of downloaded music is pirated? So the billions of songs sold on iTunes are just 5% of the market? I think they need to tweak their statistics a bit....

Quote:
"The smartphone is changing the music industry because of its platform and I predict most consumption of music will be through a smartphone in the future," McBride said in Cannes.
Funny how he doesn't say what platform. I find it hard to believe that people are fulfilling most of their music needs with a Blackberry. Smartphones are changing the music industry because the Apple (with the iPhone and Touch) is paving the way. The other "platforms" so far pale in comparison.
jayducharme is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion