Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

qacjared

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jan 28, 2008
So I have a Concert DVD I recently bought that I am ripping to use for Home Theater or in my case Dorm Theater purposes. I have been able to rip every chapter of the concert besides the first one. The first chapter is a both a intro to the concert and the first song. The DVD plays fine until after the 1:30 mark where there are alot of bad sectors but the bad sectors end by around the 2:25 mark. The song starts at 2:30 into the chapter, the chapter and the rest of the movie plays fine from there.

Handbrake rips the DVD fine with the exception of the first chapter. It always chokes up around the 1:40 min mark. It's frustrating since the part of the chapter I care about and want to rip plays and should rip fine. I don't care about the first 2 and half mins and there bad sectors and I want handbrake to not care either and just rip the rest of the chapter. Anyone know how I can tell Handbrake to just rip part of a chapter?

I.E. How can I tell handbrake to rip from 2:30 to 7:30 in title one, chapter one?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.