Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals

Old Jan 24, 2009, 01:21 PM   #1
polo29
macrumors newbie

Help on: Airport Express, Itunes & Multiple speakers

Hi Folks!

Here is the thing: I have an Airport Express, Itunes 8.0.2 on Windows Vista (sorry!).
I have plugged my stereo to the Airport Express and I'm trying to use the "Multiple Speakers" option in Itunes, sometimes it works just fine but it will most often stop playing music on the Airport Express after a while. The Multiple Speakers option is then disabled. Re-launching will sometimes re-enable the option but it's totally random.

Any help would be appreciated! thanks

Note: no need to answer "buy a Mac!" I know that already...
polo29 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2009, 05:52 PM   #2
waw74
macrumors 68020

i have an airport express that connects to my network via wireless, it's only function is for speakers in the kitchen.
It stops responding every so often, i've discovered rebooting my router (which serves the wireless) will fix the problem every time. Discovered this only after repeatedly rebooting the express, and restoring it to defaults and re-setting it up.

I've also run into problems when switching my laptop between wired and wireless, where iTunes doesn't see my expresses anymore, I have to reboot iTunes to get it to find them again.

Last edited by waw74; Jan 25, 2009 at 12:01 AM.
waw74 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Mac Peripherals