Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bluesTank

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
So I see that the number one song on iTunes is something called

"My Life Would Suck Without You" by Kelly Clarkson

...Now I just want to say that this is the worst name for a song I have ever seen thus far, and I hate it already even though I've never listened to it.
:mad:

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
I believe that we should not be worried about the titles of songs so much as their contents.

I speak of much of the... (c)rap... movement, in which women are objectified, violence is not looked down upon, and to which various acts are alluded.

iTunes has an [Explicit] notifier, and while that is not much, I am grateful that that exists, at least.

Feel good that you have not seen very many song titles, then, if that is the worst you have encountered...

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
Try reading the news and then come back to us and tell us if the song or the name of the song is remotely relevant to the state of humanity.

bluesTank

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 21, 2008
It is just the most unoriginal, idiotic title I've seen.

At least other song titles you may be referring to have some kind of catchy phrase, or play on words, or SOMETHING. Either that or they aren't taking themselves seriously.

But THIS song title is just horrible.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away

...Now I just want to say that this is the worst name for a song I have ever seen thus far, and I hate it already even though I've never listened to it.

Reminds me of a joke I read once:

There was a fancy dinner party, and one lonely and melancholy fellow was sitting by himself in the corner. A beautiful blonde approached him and asked him what's wrong.

"I'm a musician and nobody likes my music. Every producer I've approached has turned me away."

She told him, "I'm a singer, why don't you come over to the piano and play one of your pieces? I'll tell you whether I can get you in front of a producer that might help you out."

So he sat down at the piano and played one of the most beautiful melodies anyone at the party had ever heard. There was hardly a dry eye in the place when he was finished.

The singer ran up to him when he was done, gave him a hug, and told him: "That was amazing! I can't believe nobody will give you a chance - what's the name of that song?"

He said, "It's called 'I Love You So Much I Could S**t in My Pants.' "

SteveMobs

macrumors 6502
Dec 10, 2008
Washington D.C.
I totally agree with the OP, stupid song titles that are completely oblivious to other things in the world.

Maybe something like, a somali song titled "my life sucks because I got my leg blown off by a stray RPG"

Or a Chinese song, "My life sucks because I make Nike's all day"

blackbelt534

macrumors regular
Oct 3, 2008
I believe that we should not be worried about the titles of songs so much as their contents.

I speak of much of the... (c)rap... movement, in which women are objectified, violence is not looked down upon, and to which various acts are alluded.

iTunes has an [Explicit] notifier, and while that is not much, I am grateful that that exists, at least.

Feel good that you have not seen very many song titles, then, if that is the worst you have encountered...

Let me say one thing about this, not all Rap is like that, there is such thing as good rap. It seems like you are taking what rap is all about by whats on the radio, the rap on the radio is crap. Look at artists like Nas, Ludacris, Eminem and some of Tupacs songs, these people rap about whats wrong with the ghetto, the new president (and how he will effect the country), and sometimes their kids. So dont look at the rap music on the radio and think tha'ts all rap is about

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon

Perhaps more accurately, you're sad at iPod buyers who buy their music from iTunes.

Tallest Skil

macrumors P6
Aug 13, 2006
1 Geostationary Tower Plaza
Let me say one thing about this, not all Rap is like that, there is such thing as good rap. It seems like you are taking what rap is all about by whats on the radio, the rap on the radio is crap. Look at artists like Nas, Ludacris, Eminem and some of Tupacs songs, these people rap about whats wrong with the ghetto, the new president (and how he will effect the country), and sometimes their kids. So dont look at the rap music on the radio and think tha'ts all rap is about

You are, of course, right. The general stereotype of rap music has propagated quite far.

I know that there are songs out there that, by their stylistic and musical framework, are considered rap and are not of the content of which I spoke earlier.

Like White and Nerdy. Good song. :D

suburbia

macrumors 6502
Oct 21, 2008
If the only thing that is sad about the state of humankind is the prominence of some winner of a yelping competition, then I want to come into your world :D

QuarterSwede

macrumors G3
Oct 1, 2005
Colorado Springs, CO
I agree with the OP. This is ridiculous. How can teenage girls be taking over the music industry?
Because instead of in the old days where older people were considered wise and looked up to, our society is fixated on looking younger because everything here is skin deep.

It's freaking sad and pathetic. This culture won't last long with the moronic decisions we're making.

FunkyMonkey

macrumors 6502
Sep 4, 2007
Right behind you
Because instead of in the old days where older people were considered wise and looked up to, our society is fixated on looking younger because everything here is skin deep.

It's freaking sad and pathetic. This culture won't last long with the moronic decisions we're making.

Hmm, I wouldn't go as far as to say our culture will end, but you have a very good point. Something needs to change. But by no means do I want older people to take over the music industry. I like music from this century, thank you very much.:D

.Andy

macrumors 68030
Jul 18, 2004
The Mergui Archipelago
I only listen to bands between the time they form and their first gig. Once they perform they sell out and they don't have street cred.

edit: needless to say I'm pretty cool compared to people that like all other types of music.

Gyrferret

macrumors regular
Jan 19, 2009
I love forums. Chiefly because they are populated by people who bitch and moan about aspects in society they view as corrupting it, yet are do pretty much nothing other than that to fix it.

Talk less. Do more.

And at any rate, who cares what the song is called? Who cares who the singer is? What if "Hamlet" was called "Guy get's S**t-faced and messes with everyone" written by "Pamela Anderson"? Would it "suck" and "degrade society"?

DaftUnion

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2005
Wisconsin
I agree with the OP. This is ridiculous. How can teenage girls be taking over the music industry?

Teenage girls are taking over the music industry because teenage girls are the ones that are probably the only ones buying that song in hordes and eating it up.

Ok, yes I'm stereotyping but I don't know any guys that would be running to get that song asap.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.