Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kev1000000

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 1, 2007
So I had Vista installed on my Penryn MBP for awhile and I always had uber-sensitive two finger scrolling with it. I rarely used Vista on it so it didnt bother me that much. However, I just installed Windows 7, and I plan to do a lot of development on the Win7 side, but I still have the uber-sensitive scrolling.

Is there a fix for this?

ZiggyPastorius

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2007
Berklee College of Music
So I had Vista installed on my Penryn MBP for awhile and I always had uber-sensitive two finger scrolling with it. I rarely used Vista on it so it didnt bother me that much. However, I just installed Windows 7, and I plan to do a lot of development on the Win7 side, but I still have the uber-sensitive scrolling.

Is there a fix for this?

I think this is just the way the laptop handles the two-finger scrolling in Windows. It does the same thing in XP. I'm assuming it's something about the driver Apple uses to allow two-finger scrolling to be used in Windows.

buddhaface

macrumors member
Jan 24, 2009
Yeah it has something to do with Apple's drivers. It's the same on my 2006 MBP.

I don't think there's much you can do about it but to just use the scroll bar, or a mouse.

Stridder44

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2003
California

Is there a fix for this?

Apple couldn't make a driver to save it's life. Don't worry, the trackpad thing pisses everyone off, as we're all dealing with the same thing.

tdevers

macrumors regular
Apr 21, 2008
In the mouse preferences under Control Panel. Click the wheel tab and take the lines scrolled down to 1. I find this smoothes it out a little but it's still not perfect.

coolquasar

macrumors member
Aug 9, 2008
In the mouse preferences under Control Panel. Click the wheel tab and take the lines scrolled down to 1. I find this smoothes it out a little but it's still not perfect.

++1;

My unibody macbook had the same issue in XP, n i fixed by tryin the above method...Now the scrollin is damn good :cool:...

Turmoil

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2008

Is there a fix for this?

yeah, run a real OS. Disinfect your computer of all Microsoft crap and your MBP will work well again.

HTH

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.