Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

raxafarian

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
Weekly Photo Contest (January 25 - Feb 1)
Rules:

#1 You may submit only one photo per contest.

#2 The contest runs for exactly one week, from the time stamped on the first post in the thread (this will be made by the winner of the previous week's contest).

#3 Please refrain from commenting on the photos submitted in the contest. A good photograph is one that can appeal to someone who may not know much about the technical aspects of photography, so it would be best if the judge isn't swayed by someone else's opinion of the photograph.

#4 The judge will decide his/her favorite at the end of the week, place a post listing it, and include a short synopsis of why he/she chose that photo. The winner is then responsible for choosing a new topic and starting a new contest thread, which again will run for exactly one week.

This week's theme is "Light of Day (or night)"

Show us interesting lighting situations. It could be a sunrise/sunset, or maybe a moonlight landscape or city lights at night. Some minimal use of artificial lighting is ok but nothing lit exclusively with strobes.

Good Luck to everyone.

zuma022

macrumors regular
May 18, 2008
First time posting in weekly contest. :)

3221007005_2eb425df96_b.jpg

pdxflint

macrumors 68020
Aug 25, 2006
Oregon coast
Old growth, Oregon coast range

Taken somewhere between Grande Ronde and Hwy. 101, a short hike off of Hwy 18.

35mm b/w, scanned from full-frame workprint. I chose not to crop (to show the full frame) but if I were going to ever do a print for the wall, I'd crop out the frame edges...

old%20growth.jpg

RHVC59

macrumors 6502
May 10, 2008
Eugene, Oregon
A Southeast Alaskan Sunrise

Just a quick pic across the street in front of my house.:)
The upload does not look as saturated in Safari as it does in CS3...
oh well.

Attachments

• 20081203_Dec-3-Sunrise_0007.jpg
    20081203_Dec-3-Sunrise_0007.jpg
    464.4 KB · Views: 132

LittleCanonKid

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2008
The sun was barely nicking this particular branch when I took this. You can even see the sunlight begin to die out toward the bottom of the branch.

IMG33500_clone_resized.png

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.