Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming

Old Jan 26, 2009, 03:23 AM   #1
ABaker300
macrumors newbie

No, "View-Based Application" option in Xcode

I've downloaded the SDK and was reading through "Beginning iPhone Development" and they say for the first exercise to start a new project and select "View-Based Application", but I don't have that option on my screen. Did I not download everything I needed? The only options I get are for Cocoa. I'm running Xcode 3.1, which is what they're using in the book. I uninstalled the SDK and went through the installation again just to make sure that I didn't exclude anything during setup. Anyone got any ideas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture 6.png
Views:	28
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	154685  
ABaker300 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2009, 06:22 AM   #2
CommanderData
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ABaker300 View Post
I've downloaded the SDK and was reading through "Beginning iPhone Development" and they say for the first exercise to start a new project and select "View-Based Application", but I don't have that option on my screen. Did I not download everything I needed? The only options I get are for Cocoa. I'm running Xcode 3.1, which is what they're using in the book. I uninstalled the SDK and went through the installation again just to make sure that I didn't exclude anything during setup. Anyone got any ideas?
Where'd you get that copy of the SDK from, a torrent site? None of those are options in 2.2... Maybe back in the old beta builds from March 2008?

You should have:
Navigation-Based Application
OpenGL ES Application
Tab Bar Application
Utility Application
View-Based Application
Window-Based Application

I would recommend you download the correct SDK for 2.2 from Apple and install it.
CommanderData is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > iPhone/iPad Programming