Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Luis Ortega

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 10, 2007
I have an audio clip in FCP that is mono and I would like to make it into a stereo clip so that the sound matches the rest of the audio clips and comes out both channels.
I think I used to know how to do this using some sort of audio filter, but I may be confusing FCP with Premiere Pro in how it is done. I can't figure it out now.
(that's the trouble with using too many video editors- you start getting them confused!)
Can anyone please advise me how I can make a mono clip into a stereo clip in FCP?
Thanks for any advice.

Courtaj

macrumors 6502a
Jul 3, 2008
Edinburgh, U.K.
You can easily create dual mono by duplicating the track, but as for how to make an actual stereo signal from a mono one - well you've got me beat.

LethalWolfe

macrumors G3
Jan 11, 2002
Los Angeles
Don't double up the mono clip onto two channels, just adjust the pan so it is centered. Putting a mono clip on two tracks and panning them left and right can induce audio errors.

Lethal

Luis Ortega

macrumors 65816
Original poster
May 10, 2007
Thanks, everyone. Centering the pan slider on the mono clip makes it come out of both speakers, and increasing the volume a little compensates for the loss in volume.
I had no illusions of being able to get true stereo, just sound from both chanels.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.