Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
United States
Only in the Australian Store, according to TouchArcade but hopefully, it will be released in the US Store too. Wonder why the Australians got it first...

Link: [App Store]

Gameplay Video: YouTube

Update: Payback is out in the US

neiltc13

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2006
Notice the reviews are for the game when it was released on systems with buttons.

Watabou

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 10, 2008
United States
Well it seems Payback has hit the US Store. I'll wait for some reviews to come in before I pounce on it :)

iParis

macrumors 68040
Jul 29, 2008
New Mexico
Doesn't look half bad. I'm surprised it's not more expensive, well the price may go up depending on how many people download it and the reviews it gets.

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
Been looking forward to this! Shame there's no wifi here - will have to wait until I get home to buy it, massive game though :)

notintheleast

macrumors 6502
Oct 1, 2008
NC
This game is awesome. The graphics are great, the missions are fun, and nothing beats just running around causing mayhem in a city. The driving controls took a little while to get used to, but now I can zoom around the city using the handbrake around turns. I even found a tank within my first hour of playing. It was on the first level under rampage on the average setting. I found it in the back corner of a parking lot right across the street from the pay phone you have to answer. I can't wait to find some more secrets... Anyone still on the fence about this game, if you know you like games like this, don't hesitate. This game is awesome, best iPhone game, period. :D

semin28

macrumors regular
Oct 31, 2008
This game is awesome. The graphics are great, the missions are fun, and nothing beats just running around causing mayhem in a city. The driving controls took a little while to get used to, but now I can zoom around the city using the handbrake around turns. I even found a tank within my first hour of playing. It was on the first level under rampage on the average setting. I found it in the back corner of a parking lot right across the street from the pay phone you have to answer. I can't wait to find some more secrets... Anyone still on the fence about this game, if you know you like games like this, don't hesitate. This game is awesome, best iPhone game, period. :D

Well I downloaded it and its not bad but I don't think its the best app game. Its really hard to steel the car and guy. But I just downloaded dh bowling and that game is bangin.

shigzeo

macrumors 6502a
Dec 14, 2005
Japan
waiting waiting

we are anxious for this release. coming from old time gta fans back when voodoo 3d was needed or a good glide wrapper, this game looks to really drop nostalgia on my gaming.

touchmyapps is excited

spyker3292

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2005
Michigan

deenybird

macrumors regular
Jul 21, 2008
the game is a lot of fun. Thankfully you dont use the accelerometer to move, only look. For such a large file the startup and level load times are relatively short.
Overall I recommend.

TheZimm

macrumors 6502a
Jul 12, 2008
Great game. It;'s really quite massive though. It wouldn't let me download it with wifi to my touch though =/ so I had to go walk over to my mac =]

Zym

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.