Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnryjr

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 12, 2007
I can't do a screenshot, since I upgraded all but when you go to "upgrade my library", there is now a "buy" button next to each item available. This is kind of disappointing to me since I spent a lot of money upgrading and would have opted not to do some things if I didn't have to. This will make many people happy though.

~John

Wolffie

macrumors regular
Sep 6, 2008
Awesome and Horray

Apple has been working hard since they returned from holiday break! :D

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
Not exactly the price slash I was hoping for, but I'll take selective upgrades over no change at all.

Michael CM1

macrumors 603
Feb 4, 2008
Now, for the brand new "we gotta have it!" things from iTunes:

HD movie purchases
HD music videos (I know "J**z in my Pants" is because it's HD on YouTube)
iTunes Plus audiobooks - I'd love the option to get at least 128k audio for a book instead of 32k. Give us the SD/HD option like we have with TV shows. It just sucks to get an AM radio-quality product for that much moolah.

A la carte upgrades to all! I bought Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog before HD was available. Why can't I pay the $3 to upgrade the 3 episodes?

Lower prices on season passes. Don't start kidding me that a season of Bones is worth $60 on sub-Blu-ray HD. I paid $50 for Lost Season 4 and $40 for Smallville Season 7, and those had much better quality than downloads will have for years. C'mon, movie studios!

synagence

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2008
Get your audiobooks from Audible instead of itunes (which just redistributes audible at greater cost) ... you can select the bitrate you want ... they are DRM'd but unlimited downloads

Sorry ... don't want to come across as an advert for them but it IS better than itunes audio books

rick3000

macrumors 6502a
May 6, 2008
West Coast
I just saw this on another rumors site. I am glad Apple saw the light and changed their system. To bad I already upgraded about 80 songs all at once, I though Apple would be stubborn as usual, and not change.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.