Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old Jan 29, 2009, 01:14 AM   #1
Fomaphone
macrumors regular

Writing Device Compatibility Software

I've never programmed anything to be proud of, but I've got a great idea for some software that I'd love to see in use.

I'd like to be able to use a specific device with After Effects, Motion, or other applications that use 3d virtual lights and cameras.

Since I don't own the hardware, is this the sort of thing I should just suggest to the manufacturers of the hardware and software? if that's the case, then I think it likely wouldn't get made.

I don't necessarily want to make money off of it but i really think it's a great idea that could change the way professional motion graphics designers and animators work.

being that I'm going into this field, I mostly just want to see this become a reality, but don't want to give it away if there's a legal way for me to profit from it. are there ways to find investors or programmers? is there any protection for me if I'd like to pitch this idea to somebody who can make it happen (ie, a programmer or corporation who really doesn't need me around after i illustrate the idea)?

basically, i need to know what i need to know about programming law and procedure in order to do this. can i just write something myself without committing copyright infringement?

the idea is akin to writing a driver, basically-- coding a completely new way to use this sort of device with specific apps.
Fomaphone is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming