Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

calviin

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 16, 2008
Windows allows you to put stuff wherever you want and it won't copy it or transfer it anywhere else. But I have several copy of the same image for Lightroom, Aperture, iPhoto etc. Is there any program where I can see if I only have one copy? for every program? Cause my hard drive's already packed and since you can't open librrar/categories, I can't see exactly which photo has been copied. Help please? Thanks.

bolibic

macrumors member
Jun 15, 2007
1st and very important: Do not confuse "Windows" with "Software that runs on windows". Aperture, iPhoto and Lightroom are not "Mac" they are programs that run on Mac.

As individual programs they have configuration options to adjust their behavior. I had the same problems with iTunes: it was copying every song I was opening. What did I do? Open the configuration options and check: it took me less than one minute.

About iPhoto. I know there is an option not to save copies of the original. That's what I can say because I stopped using iPhoto 2 years ago.

----- Edited:
I'd recommend you to avoid the "I'll use windows unless someone help me" way of asking questions. It's better to focus your problem and avoid to start a flame just because you want help.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.