Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WPB2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 1, 2008
Southeast, LA
I need to know if I can connect my MacBook 2.4 aluminium to my Dish Network ViP612 DVR, to share my wireless internet connection. I want to order Pay Per View, and avoid the service charge that Dish charges for not having a phone line connected.

Another question. Can I connect my Dish reciever to my Xbox 360 to share its wireless internet connection?

og1

macrumors regular
Oct 6, 2008
I need to know if I can connect my MacBook 2.4 aluminium to my Dish Network ViP612 DVR, to share my wireless internet connection. I want to order Pay Per View, and avoid the service charge that Dish charges for not having a phone line connected.

Another question. Can I connect my Dish reciever to my Xbox 360 to share its wireless internet connection?

as far as the first one, the connection has to be pretty much constant. i dont know what intervals the box connects at, but if it misses one time, dish will put the charge back on your bill. as far as #2, i dont know if that works or not, my guess would be no. even if it did, you would have to leave the xbox on all the time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.