Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch > iPod touch Hacks

Old Jan 31, 2009, 09:03 PM   #1
dailuo
macrumors newbie

Excel for itouch?

Is there a mobile version of office the the itouch, I need to have excel on an itouch - any solutions?
Thanks
dailuo is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2009, 10:05 AM   #2
andybno1
macrumors 68040

if you have setup mail on your touch you can email the excell sheet to your touch but you wont be able to edit it.

you could always signup to this site to be notified when this office suite is released: http://www.dataviz.com/products/docu...ify/index.html

you could also try this: http://www.mobilewebdocs.com/

or this: http://izoho.com/jsp/login.jsp
main webpage with info: http://www.zoho.com/

Last edited by andybno1; Feb 2, 2009 at 10:17 AM.
andybno1 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2009, 01:19 PM   #3
Dave00
macrumors 6502a

Haven't tried it yet, but I'd imagine Google Docs works on the iPod Touch. Docs.google.com. Use this almost exclusively now instead of Excel.

Dave
Dave00 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2009, 02:57 PM   #4
Night Spring
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave00 View Post
Haven't tried it yet, but I'd imagine Google Docs works on the iPod Touch. Docs.google.com. Use this almost exclusively now instead of Excel.
Problem with google docs is wouldn't you need to be online for it to work? So it wouldn't work if you are somewhere without a wifi connection?
Night Spring is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 2, 2009, 03:39 PM   #5
NXTMIKE
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by dailuo View Post
Is there a mobile version of office the the itouch, I need to have excel on an itouch - any solutions?
Thanks
First off, please call it iPod Touch. itouch sounds...just a bit childish plus this will drive many Apple fanboys crazy.

Anyway Dataviz should be releasing an Excel/Word/Powerpoint bundle for the iPod Touch/iPhone. I have their Documents To Go for my Palm Tungsten and its quite usefull...expecially with the add-on full size keyboard I bought. Sure I don't use it anymore but its a great software for such a little thing.

When they do release it for the iPod Touch, it should be good and all...but without an actual 'physical' keyboard typing may become a pain. Since the new iPod Touch does have Bluetooth inside, some smart company may want to jump on creating a bluetooth keyboard and driver for the iPod Touch and iPhone. BUT don't yell at me if this is already in development (which it probably is) and its important to note that knowing Apple's policies/tricks, getting an external device to collaborate with the iPod Touch may be a bit of a headache.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 07:32 PM   #6
Muncher
macrumors 65816

Quote:
Originally Posted by NXTMIKE View Post
Since the new iPod Touch does have Bluetooth inside, some smart company may want to jump on creating a bluetooth keyboard and driver for the iPod Touch and iPhone.
The bluetooth is only for the nike+, and may not be able to perform standard bluetooth functions.
Old Feb 3, 2009, 05:43 AM   #7
andybno1
macrumors 68040

Quote:
First off, please call it iPod Touch. itouch sounds...just a bit childish plus this will drive many Apple fanboys crazy.
and the fact that an iPod Touch and an iTouch are completely different products by different companies

Apple iPod Touch

Pasen iTouch
Old Feb 3, 2009, 05:51 AM   #8
OllyW

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by andybno1 View Post
and the fact that an iPod Touch and an iTouch are completely different products by different companies

Apple iPod Touch

Pasen iTouch
FYI

It officially doesn't matter what you call it. You stand a good chance of getting in trouble with the mods if you insist on correcting people too.
OllyW is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 3, 2009, 06:08 AM   #9
andybno1
macrumors 68040

I wasn't correcting anyone I was merely stating a FACT

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch > iPod touch Hacks