Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

esadb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 29, 2008
Tonight i was working on a report in MS Office 08, and it was all fine and what not until one point i got some error message saying that the disk was full and i couldnt save it and to change the saving location. Anything this is on the main drive where i have ~40gb's left.

So i put my USB Drive in to save it on that and it gave me the same error it wouldnt save on anything it just keep saying Disk Full..

Does anyone know what that is? Clearly its some sort of error/bug as i restarted the macbook and downloaded a picture and saved it on my desktop with no problems after the reboot.

Im running mac osx 10.5.6

Any recommendations/ help would be greatly appriciated!

thanks in advance

esadb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 29, 2008
Yes MSO 08 is fully updated...

What would emptying the trash do? its not like i had soo much stuff in there that would make room for a 200kb .doc file?

I mean there was 40gb free on the HDD..

uicandrew

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2006
the only thing I've had that is similar is that after moving around a whole bunch of files, my hard drive became so fragmented, that I was not able to make a bootcamp partition because there was not enough contiguous free space.

as a result, i had to buy idefrag and defrag my hard drive before i could install bootcamp.

you might need to defrag if you've been moving a bunch of files

esadb

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 29, 2008
Yes sorry it did only happen in MSO 08

No i havnt been using the macboko for heavy computing just some regular browsing and what not.

It happend that night and its been fine, i ended up rebooting the mac and all was well. Im just wondering why that was happeing. As i typed a little document tonight and it saved without issues

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.