Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Mar 17, 2004, 06:36 PM   #1
brhmac
Banned

HELP! Apple BT mouse won't work

Please help.

All of a sudden, my Apple BT mouse won't work. The computer recognizes the mouse and the red sensor light turns on, but when I move the mouse, the cursor doesn't budge.

I've "re-discovered" the mouse through system preferences, restarted and installed new batteries in the mouse. No luck.

Please help!

Thanks.
brhmac is offline   0
Old Mar 17, 2004, 09:10 PM   #2
abhishekit
macrumors 65816

Send a message via Yahoo to abhishekit
Is the red light flashing? no, then ...try downloading the latest firmware update, if you havent done that..sorry, cant be of any real help..
Old Mar 18, 2004, 09:41 AM   #3
titaniumducky
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by brhmac
Please help.

All of a sudden, my Apple BT mouse won't work. The computer recognizes the mouse and the red sensor light turns on, but when I move the mouse, the cursor doesn't budge.

I've "re-discovered" the mouse through system preferences, restarted and installed new batteries in the mouse. No luck.

Please help!

Thanks.
This happens to me occasionally. I don't know if be "re-discovered" you mean you've already done this or not, so I'll tell you just in case.

Delete the pairing of the mouse (from Bluetooth Preferences). Now select "Set Up New Device." Pair your mouse again. Hopefully it works.

If not, try choosing "Browse Device" or "Send File Device" (both of which you obviously can't actually do on a mouse). This sometimes will fix the connection after it gives you the error.
titaniumducky is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers