Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

n8mac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 25, 2006
Ohio
How do you search genre and sub-genre in iTunes? Every time I do a search while browsing it goes for individual songs and artists but not genre.

n8

Matthew.

macrumors regular
Dec 27, 2008
Cmd+B will open the iTunes browser, the first option within this is genre. Selecting a genre here will filter your iTunes library to only display songs of that genre, as well as displaying all artists tagged with that genre in the next column of the browser.

n8mac

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 25, 2006
Ohio
Thanks for the reply Matthew. I already knew that though. What I'm asking is not how to browse genre, but how to search them with spotlight. Apples genre are so plentiful that I don't know where a particular sub-genre is, or even if it exists within the store. For example I am searching for 'big band'. I look under the main genre and it's not there. I look under Jazz and it's not there. I do a spotlight within iTunes and it searches for artists, albums, and song names but not genre. I don't have the time to manually search for 'big band' because I don't even know if it's there and Apple looses my business. Simple as that.

Thanks anyway
n8

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.