Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lindsayanng

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 4, 2008
East Haven, CT
ok.. this is the third time this has happened, but this time it has been stuck for 4 hours like this!!

First, which I was in the Phone App, it got stuck IN the phone app. It was almost as if the HOME button didn't work. All of the touch buttons in the phone app worked.. I can go from favorites to contacts to keypad and do anything I wanted while in those. I could make and accept a call and all of that.. But no matter WHAT i did, i could not get back to the home screen. Last time this happened, i waited a few minutes and then hit HOME and POWER and turned it off and back on and all was well..

But THIS time, when i hit the HOME and POWER button, it took a screen shot, but its now stuck on the white screen that pops up really quick when you take a screen shot.. The reason i KNOW it was taking a screen shot is because I heard the shutter sound effect.

I cant turn it off, and now NOTHING happens with the buttons.. HOWEVER, when someone calls my phone and it rings, i can swipe my finger where the slider SHOULD be, and it answers.. and i can touch where the END CALL should be, and it hangs up.. I just cant do anything else!!

Any suggestions??

oh yea, i tried plugging it into the wall too

RoadCyclistID

Contributor
Oct 18, 2007
Idaho
I had it happen last night... searched google and came up with the solution:

googled: White screen of death.

solution: hold home button, hold volume down and hit sleep button on top.

After that, all was well and my unit rebooted. Thought it was because of the JB so I restored back to no JB, since then it appears that it was a universal issue.

David

lindsayanng

macrumors 68000
Original poster
May 4, 2008
East Haven, CT
THANKS!! it finally went back to normal, but i will remember this for next time.. or atleast remember to google white screen of death :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.