Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch

Old Feb 5, 2009, 01:15 AM   #1
calif.bob
macrumors newbie

Blocking Websites for iPod Touch

We have a 2nd Generation 16GB iPod Touch and we want to block a couple of websites on it so they are not accessible on the device.

Is there a specific setting or something within the iPod touch that I can modify to accomplish this?

One solution would be to log into our wifi router and block the sites, but that would block them for everyone who connects and we are really just trying to limit the websites on the iPod itself.

Any thoughts, ideas or pointers would be appreciated.
calif.bob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2009, 01:20 AM   #2
Rayfire
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by calif.bob View Post
We have a 2nd Generation 16GB iPod Touch and we want to block a couple of websites on it so they are not accessible on the device.

Is there a specific setting or something within the iPod touch that I can modify to accomplish this?

One solution would be to log into our wifi router and block the sites, but that would block them for everyone who connects and we are really just trying to limit the websites on the iPod itself.

Any thoughts, ideas or pointers would be appreciated.
On your Wifi router, you can actually add the IP or better yet the MAC address of the iPod touch, from there you can set to block the sites only for the iPod touch - given that the iPod touch is always connected to your own Wifi network. Most of the routers has that feature, you can probably search Google yours.
Old Feb 5, 2009, 01:24 AM   #3
calif.bob
macrumors newbie

I never thought of that.

So if I understand this correctly, I could obtain the MAC ID of the device and then basically create a rule or a blacklist of websites to be blocked.

Thanks for the info.
calif.bob is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2009, 01:29 AM   #4
Rayfire
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by calif.bob View Post
I never thought of that.

So if I understand this correctly, I could obtain the MAC ID of the device and then basically create a rule or a blacklist of websites to be blocked.

Thanks for the info.
Always a pleasure to help
Old Feb 23, 2010, 08:05 PM   #5
Emk4630
macrumors newbie

You can disable safari and the app store from the itouch itself, but just disabling certain websites will require you to disable from theac ID of the itouch
Emk4630 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod touch