Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Feb 5, 2009, 01:50 PM   #1
ArtOfWarfare
macrumors 603

Send a message via Skype™ to ArtOfWarfare
Where are Safari's cookies stored?

All anyone else seems to ever want to do with their cookies is delete them...

I want to go in and modify mine so they expire on different dates. I want to add back various cookies that have already expired too. I'd like to just get access to the cookies. Does anyone know the path to them? (What a useful path Safari offers... "/"... oh yeah... thanks... it's at the root of something... whether that's the root of my library, the root of the safari application bundle's resources, the root of the user library, the root of the computer itself, the root of the harddrive... absolutely no way of telling.)

I've found this much out about it... apparently all the browsers store their cookies in the same file. So I think it's probably not in any specific application bundle or specific application library. But I still can't find it.

Surely someone has to know where these things are stored!
Old Feb 5, 2009, 01:56 PM   #2
yippy
macrumors 68020

Send a message via AIM to yippy
I don't know the exact location but I do know that it is going to be in ~/Library, probably Application Data/Safari but I don't know for sure. I would search for it and tell you the exact location but I am not at a Mac right now.
yippy is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2009, 02:11 PM   #3
ArtOfWarfare
macrumors 603

Send a message via Skype™ to ArtOfWarfare
Thanks!

I think I finally found it!

I didn't think to check the User libraries before... I had only checked the root library and the system library.

(They're stored in (user account name)"/Libraries/Cookies/Cookies.plist" for those who are interested.)

Now we'll see if I can copy them in from my other computer...
Old Oct 24, 2011, 02:27 PM   #4
jahbuzzz
macrumors member

I found mine under Library - I nly have one cookie though - should I delete it or eat it?
jahbuzzz is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Mar 2, 2014, 07:13 PM   #5
trevorbsmith
macrumors member

Mavericks Safari 7 cookies location

In Safari 7 on Mavericks, they seem to be stored in:

~/Library/Cookies/Cookies.binarycookies

They're in binary format (obviously). You can see them in human readable format by using the instructions here:

http://www.macobserver.com/tmo/artic...ls-in-safari-6

Although, they are a bit outdated, because Safari 7 has a slightly different UI in its Develop->Web Inspector panel. (You need to click on the "Resources" icon in the Web Inspector panel, then look down in the list below it for the Cookies icon.)
trevorbsmith is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store