Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Yes I was super excited to receive this case. After spending at least $100 on cases, I now have the perfect pocket case (for my needs of course).

What I like about it...

-I like that it is very low key looking and not some flashy looking case. It keeps me my age (30) which I like.
-It is VERY form fitted to the phone. I was shocked. You can definitely see a difference between the Innocase and say the Griffin Iclear.
-I like that it kind of clips together (from the back) instead of the Incase Slider construction.
-If you have a good alignment with your screen protector, this case will have no problems at all. I have mine paired with a PS Anti-glare, awesome.
-It has the perfect amount of "lay on the table" where as I found most cases having too little or too much. It covers the bezel perfect, which I prefer.
-Love the fact the inside is lined with soft felt. I feel MUCH more comfortable knowing I don't have plastic on plastic.
-All the ports and camera hole is aligned better than any case I've used.
-No problems with throwing in/out of pockets
-I have the phone paired with my V-Moda Vibe Duos w/ mic and I never need to take the phone out of my pocket to listen to music. Double click shuffle rocks!

What I don't like...

-Honestly, I can't really think of any. I got the case for $30 shipped and that's not bad at all. That's with priority shipping. At first, I thought the circle cut-out would bother me, but it really doesn't. I'm actually growing to love it. I slapped a square screen protector on the apple logo and then put the case on (no worries of scratches there).

EDIT:
-The case does show fingerprints by the end of the day. Whoever said it doesn't, were liars. A simple wipe down during the day doesn't bother me.
So far thats the only negative

Here are some pics for everyone to check out...

DSC_0558-1.jpg

DSC_0561-1.jpg

DSC_0562.jpg

DSC_0564.jpg

this tiny bubble in the top left corner doesn't exist anymore lol
DSC_0565.jpg

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Nice review and pics, that case looks really nice. Is the apple logo on the back covered by any film?

it's not supplied but I used a screen protector that came with my griffin iclear, cut out a little square, slapped it on the back, then put the case on.

now i'm not worried about the cut-out and it actually looks quite nice in person. blends nice IMO.

Rayfire

macrumors 68030
Aug 25, 2008
PNW
Now if they'd make a Seidio Innocase Black without the hole for the Apple logo, I'd definitely buy it ;) and I don't like the Incase sliders :rolleyes:

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Now if they'd make a Seidio Innocase Black without the hole for the Apple logo, I'd definitely buy it ;) and I don't like the Incase sliders :rolleyes:

Before I got it, I wasn't feeling it too much, but grew to like it. Now that I have it in person, I'm growing to love it. Looks classy IMO.

mmm nice pics love the seidio!! I have 2.... 1 Black and 1 Ash grey

ohhh nice! if you can, post some pics of the ash grey. that was the only other color i'd get.

karleaglemac

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2007
Great pics! Looks very smooth, but I CAN'T STAND when cases have that hole cut out on the back. That's just my opinion. I'm happy for you man! It's always nice to have a case that you love!

apple281

macrumors member
Jan 7, 2009
Bay Area
Great pics! Looks very smooth, but I CAN'T STAND when cases have that hole cut out on the back. That's just my opinion. I'm happy for you man! It's always nice to have a case that you love!

I kinda like the hole cut out because i love seeing the apple logo! I guess to each his own! I want to try this case as i have the slider right now and the innocase will be my next case. Nice review!:)

mcmanus7

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2008

That's the exact reason why I purchased it haha I will try to post some ash grey pictures tomorrow or sunday...

It's almost the same coloring as the Gunmetal Incase Slider... I love how stealthy the Black one is though haha.. I usually switch between them every week or so...

A good suggestion for those who don't like the logo cut out is very very simple... replace your current screen guard with a new one.... then take your old one and cut out a square... place that square over the apple logo.... since the seidio has a full felted back the only chance of a anything touching the backside of your phone is if you leave the apple logo naked...

Ferris23

macrumors 68020
Sep 24, 2007
Nice pics, sleek case, but that hole on the back is just not for me. It just looks weird to me.

DLyman

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2009
Rockford, IL
Blue one

Figured I would take some shots of mine to throw up here, too. I got the blue one. Like others have said, I wish there wasn't the cutout for the apple logo on the back. Other than that, it's OK. I wish I would have went with the black, though. I think that looks better.

468558390_32oBV-X3.jpg

468558417_6uT5S-X3.jpg

468558405_oPBsn-X3.jpg

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
That's the exact reason why I purchased it haha I will try to post some ash grey pictures tomorrow or sunday...

It's almost the same coloring as the Gunmetal Incase Slider... I love how stealthy the Black one is though haha.. I usually switch between them every week or so...

A good suggestion for those who don't like the logo cut out is very very simple... replace your current screen guard with a new one.... then take your old one and cut out a square... place that square over the apple logo.... since the seidio has a full felted back the only chance of a anything touching the backside of your phone is if you leave the apple logo naked...

Cool, would love to see some live shots of it.

That's exactly what I did...cut out square out with an extra SP and slapped it on. Worked perfect.

Nice pics, sleek case, but that hole on the back is just not for me. It just looks weird to me.

At first when I saw pics, I didn't like it either. But when I got it and put it all together, it looks really slick. In person, the case is much more black and the hole blends nicely with a black 3G

Figured I would take some shots of mine to throw up here, too. I got the blue one. Like others have said, I wish there wasn't the cutout for the apple logo on the back. Other than that, it's OK. I wish I would have went with the black, though. I think that looks better.

Awesome pics man. I like the other colors but I've seen pics of the blue and red and the top and bottom colors aren't the same. From your pics, your bottom blue seems darker than the top. I'm crazy like that, and that would drive me nuts lol

DLyman

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2009
Rockford, IL
Awesome pics man. I like the other colors but I've seen pics of the blue and red and the top and bottom colors aren't the same. From your pics, your bottom blue seems darker than the top. I'm crazy like that, and that would drive me nuts lol

Yep, that is the first thing I noticed when I got it. I almost sent it back but figured it wasn't worth the trouble.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Yep, that is the first thing I noticed when I got it. I almost sent it back but figured it wasn't worth the trouble.

Dude I would of. Contact seidio, they have awesome customer service and see if they can replace it. let them know the problem because I'm sure it's not the first time.

Nicholie

macrumors regular
Jul 6, 2008
Huntsville, Al
I loved my Innocase, but fair warning... don't take it in and out often. Eventually the small fragile plastic tabs that hold the bottom section in will break.

The case will still function fine as long as the big tab remains in place, but the case is still very thin brittle plastic.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
I loved my Innocase, but fair warning... don't take it in and out often. Eventually the small fragile plastic tabs that hold the bottom section in will break.

The case will still function fine as long as the big tab remains in place, but the case is still very thin brittle plastic.

Yes I agree with you. Those tiny little side tabs are very fragile looking.

Thanks for letting us know :D

DavidMc

macrumors member
Aug 13, 2007
Yes I agree with you. Those tiny little side tabs are very fragile looking.

Thanks for letting us know :D

I am on my second case now because of those little tabs. I'd take the phone out once every month to clean it and right before Xmas, a tab broke. Seidio replaced but it took about two weeks total to get it. I also have the belt clip and it is really nice too. I just want a blue and ash gray one now. Count me in the don't like the circle cut out club.

Valkrin

macrumors newbie
Jan 10, 2009
Couple issues with this case

I have the blue on and I loved it. I've had this case for a couple months and the other day when taking it off to clean the inside, one of the tabs broke like others have mentioned. One thing though that no one has mentioned and has happened to my phone is the bottom two corners of my phone's plastic backing was rubbed to a matte black finish by this case. Has anyone else experienced this?

I had to get my phone replaced due to a crack at the headphone jack so its nice and glossy again but now I'm hesitant to put the case back on. I'm actually hesitant to put any case on for this reason but am also weary of scratches and such without a case. Any suggestions? :confused:

wwooden

macrumors 68020
Jul 26, 2004
Burlington, VT
I bought this case, in black, after seeing this review and I love the case!! I love the feel of the case in my hand, just the right amount of grippyness, but still smooth enough to get in and out of a pocket.

As the OP said, the look is very subtle yet very classy as well. I really think it makes my phone look better with the case on. I also wasn't initially a fan of the cutout in the back, but I've noticed that my hand has become accustomed to it and now it helps me orient the phone without looking at it.

I would definitely recommend this case.

My only complaint is that it is a bit pricey for only getting a case, no screen protectors included. I think if they included a screen protector and a small square to cover the Apple symbol, this would sell much better.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
i just wanted to bump my review for anyone still looking for a new case for the upcoming 3G S

still one of my favorite cases and can't wait to slap in on my 3G S :D

bcs732

macrumors member
Jun 18, 2009
Hi Map1978.

I really like this case. I'm getting my first iphone really soon. I see that there are some bubbles in your screen due to this case. You mentioned that the screen protector should be aligned properly to avoid this. Do u suggest i install the screen protector after putting on this case or this is not possible?

Btw, your review convinced me to get this case in black as well as the black iphone.

thatappleguytoday

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 9, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Hi Map1978.

I really like this case. I'm getting my first iphone really soon. I see that there are some bubbles in your screen due to this case. You mentioned that the screen protector should be aligned properly to avoid this. Do u suggest i install the screen protector after putting on this case or this is not possible?

Btw, your review convinced me to get this case in black as well as the black iphone.

no put the screen protector on first. if you buy the Power Support screen protectors that apple sells, they are cut well enough for you to align it real well.

there are no bubbles at all after months of usage plus there are NO scratches on the back casing

still recommend after all these months :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.