Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Feb 5, 2009, 03:42 PM   #1
bmat
macrumors 6502

HD tv shows not authorized, SD version ok

I've been have a hard time playing the HD version of my iTunes content for tv shows. I think it started around the latest iTunes update. I get a box that says the computer is not authorized (it is) and then a grey box. It is playing (I can see the time counting by) but there is no picture or sound. I've tried deauthorizing and reauthorizing, deleting the SC info, and removing some codecs people have suggested. I sent a request to Apple a few days ago and heard nothing back.

Because the content was playing on my iPhone, today I tried playing the standard definition version on my computer -- and that works. So it's only the HD version of the show that has problems.

I've got the latest version of iTunes, and the most updated mac OS. Any suggestions?
bmat is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2009, 05:26 AM   #2
realityking
macrumors member

What Mac do you use? do you have an external screen? What model?

I suspect you might be running in HDCP issues.
realityking is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2009, 10:03 AM   #3
bmat
macrumors 6502

Quote:
Originally Posted by realityking View Post
What Mac do you use? do you have an external screen? What model?

I suspect you might be running in HDCP issues.
I have a Mac Pro 2.66 with 6GB or RAM and it's running on a 24 inch Dell Screen. It has run some of these very episodes that were HD before the last update.
bmat is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod