Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ArtursBoy

macrumors member
Original poster
May 7, 2008
AZ
I found this great app (well its been out for a while but I barely found out about it).

For anyone who didnt know, there's a app that takes your call straight to the voicemail of the person's mobile phone you are wanting to leave a message with. Its called " Slydial " and its Free .

Comes in handy for when you need to talk to someone you really dont want, or cant talk to at the moment. (boss, coworkers, etc).

From their website :

Who should use slydial?
Anyone who is short on time, wants to avoid an awkward conversation, or doesn't want to bother someone, but needs to leave them a voicemail. No matter where you are in the walk of life, be it a college coed, a working stiff, a soccer mom, or an empty nester, we guarantee you that there will be situations in your life everyday where slydial will be helpful to you.

http://www.slydial.com

I've tried it and it works, and as far as I know, its the only app that offers this. This can also be used from regular phones, but you have to dial a number before you can dial the number of the person you are wanting to leave a voicemail to. This app makes it so much easier letting you choose from the contacts in your phone.

sparrky

macrumors 6502a
Oct 23, 2008
California
Thanks for this find! I've used slydial in the past and never thought to look for an app. I'll definitely be adding this one :)

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
You can do this through your voicemail already. After listening to your messages or hearing you have no messages, you hear the option "To send a message, press _____." Dial the person's number, record the message and it goes straight to their voicemail.

This is a good workaround for VVM users though.

aerospace

macrumors 6502a
Jun 26, 2007
I will download this to use when my boss calls me on my day off.

Ignore call.
Leave voice mail; returning your call guess I missed you.
Next day, hey I called ou back, pickup your phone next time! :p

Acronym

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2008
I will download this to use when my boss calls me on my day off.

Ignore call.
Leave voice mail; returning your call guess I missed you.
Next day, hey I called ou back, pickup your phone next time! :p

hahaha thats halarious

*EDIT* Retarded app is only good in the US

psywzrd

macrumors 68030
Feb 6, 2008
You can do this through your voicemail already. After listening to your messages or hearing you have no messages, you hear the option "To send a message, press _____." Dial the person's number, record the message and it goes straight to their voicemail.

This is a good workaround for VVM users though.

I believe this method only works if you're on the same carrier. Slydial works across carriers.

thomasanderson

macrumors member
Aug 19, 2008
I have this app for my blackberry and iphone. Odd thing is that they are both free yet the iphone version forces you to listen to advertisements while the blackberry doesnt.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.