Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jdusoccer12

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2008
I have to redo my Computer and completely reinstall Windows XP for the third time. (I am ready to kill this thing) I have Backed Up iTunes with DVD's but i was wondering if that will keep my iPhone backup or how do I get it to. The only reason I am reinstalling Windows is because I had to restore my iPhone because it was acting up and now i can't reactivate it because of my stupid computer. So please help me!!

jdusoccer12

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2008
thanks i think it might have worked but there were three files with really long and random names. I had three backups though but their names were just Jordan's iPhone, Jordan's iPod, and Jordan's iPod so i don't know where the long random file names came from. Should they be like that??

jmann

macrumors 604
thanks i think it might have worked but there were three files with really long and random names. I had three backups though but their names were just Jordan's iPhone, Jordan's iPod, and Jordan's iPod so i don't know where the long random file names came from. Should they be like that??

Yeah that is just what itunes names the file. To be safe I would just back up all three of the files. And then just pick the one you want to back up to once you have everything reinstalled.

jdusoccer12

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 3, 2008
Ok thanks so do i just drag them back to the same place once i reinstall everything

dZp

macrumors 6502a
Mar 29, 2006
How do you find it in Vista

On Windows XP:
C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Apple Computer\MobileSync\Backup

On Windows Vista:
C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Roaming\AppleComputer\MobileSync\Backup

On Mac:
/Users/USERNAME/Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup

westerlu77

macrumors newbie
Mar 4, 2008
Sweden
Cant´find backup

I did a jailbreak this afternoon with Limera1 and Parallels and it worked well.
My problem is that iTunes do not find my backup from the specific time today. Is not in the menu when iTunes ask me.
But when I go to preferences I can see it there, but I wonder how big is this backup file and I find it under /Library/Application Support/MobileSync/Backup called a document (9mb) and it's called d5285aac8b0e4d365eed9e32d122e7822ddb71b2
Is this the right thing?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.