Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Closed Thread

Old Feb 8, 2009, 02:27 PM   #1
fab85
macrumors newbie

What price to sell my iMac G5 which needs a new logic board?

Hello, I am wanting to sell my iMac G5 for parts, etc. It only needs a new logic board, which through Apple I was told that it was worth selling when I brought it in and the logic board problem was determined.

I can't find similar eBay listings as mine, others seem to have other problems, I'm just not getting a good match and I'm hesitant to list in fear of listing too low or too high and spending time relisting.

Mine is 17" and it's a PowerPC type... and everything works perfect except needing the new logic board.
The Mighty Mouse is brand new and the keyboard is used but looks great and is in perfect working order (if those two items even matter to the type of person who would buy!)
The iMac itself is in perfect condition.
It still has the original manuals and startup disks and box also!
I also put in more ram last summer so now I believe there's 4G of ram... or 2, and that is information I would put in the listing when I determine it-- just mentioning it for here, its maxed apparently. And also has the iSight.

What should I list it for? My guess was to start a bid at $299 but is that too low? Or too high...? I'm just so clueless!

So... what price would you guys suggest?

Thanks for any help!!
fab85 is offline   0
Old Feb 8, 2009, 03:51 PM   #2
Doctor Q
Administrator

Thread closed based on Marketplace Rules (Rule: Eligibility). This rule applies to "for sale", "want to buy", and also "need price advice" threads.

See Marketplace Rule: Eligibility for further information.

Closed Thread
MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs