Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Booyakasha

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
Hello,

I recently installed Windows XP on my Mac using Boot Camp. Everything was all good until it came time to insert the mac os x install disk to install the drivers on XP. I put the disk in and it didn't auto load like it should... no problem, I went to the disk itself and looked for the setup.exe... no luck. When I open the install disk in XP it appears to be blank. When I open it up in leopard it has everything I would expect it to have. I tried searching the disk for the drivers but had no luck. Does anyone know a solution to this problem? I'm kind of a novice when it comes to stuff like this, though I am not computer illiterate. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

For those that want to know... I am using the install disk that came with my mac "Mac OS X Install disk 1"

I have an august 2008 13in. macbook and as far as i know, everything is updated.

Thanks in advance.

Booyakasha

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
tried that. i've also tried reinstalling windows 3 times. twice with the FAT installation and once with the NTFS installation.

Booyakasha

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 9, 2009
The drive does read other disks. I was able to install a game completely, but wasn't able to run because of the driver problem.

r.j.s

Moderator emeritus
Mar 7, 2007
Texas
Sounds like you got a bad disc. You should call Apple for a replacement.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.