Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iJohnHenry

macrumors P6
Mar 22, 2008
On tenterhooks
Why the bridle? :confused:

Does Man have to control everything?? :mad:

Have I got a deal on a giant nickel, just for special friends of Rick!!! :rolleyes:

nickel1.jpg

xUKHCx

Administrator emeritus
Jan 15, 2006
The Kop
Watch the video (half way down the page) of the artist being interview.

I personally think he has no idea what he is talking about and somehow lucked in to getting the commission.

JG271

macrumors 6502a
Dec 17, 2007
UK
What is the point? I don't care if he won a turner prize, its just a horse! You cant inject culture simply by saying "yeah, lets build a big sculpture for loads of cash."

Why don't they put something representative of Britain there, for all the people entering on the eurostar, like a giant stella can.

I hope someone steals it.

jzuena

macrumors 65816
Feb 21, 2007
The Man is paying for it
Fixed.

The Man taxpayer is paying for it
Double fix?

No, I was talking about Man, the species (as was iJohnHenry) not a particular man. Perhaps I should not have deleted the second sentence I originally had: "when horses pay, they get to choose the pose". I didn't want to cross from intended repartee to a possible unintended sleight (kind of like when "fixed it for ya" is used instead of adding an alternate twist on the words as a standalone reply - aka repartee).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.