Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

How many squares of toilet paper do you use per "application"?

• 1-2

Votes: 10 12.3%
  • 3-4

Votes: 23 28.4%
  • 5-6

Votes: 20 24.7%
  • 7-8

Votes: 9 11.1%
  • 9+ because I love to clog the toilet

Votes: 19 23.5%

• Total voters

themoonisdown09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
Georgia, USA
On the average, how many squares of toilet paper do you use per "application"? I know that the number of squares used can depend on the thickness of the toilet paper, so make it an average number.

Just to make this clear, the poll is asking how many squares you use per application. There are multiple applications (hopefully) per session.

I use 3 squares if I'm using the thick stuff and about 5 squares if I'm using the really thin stuff.

Veldek

macrumors 68000
Mar 29, 2003
Germany
It's 3 squares when I use paper with 3 layers (which I prefer) and 4 squares when I use paper with 2 layers (which I can't stand, but it's the one we have at work...).

Melrose

Suspended
Dec 12, 2007
Now I've seen it all :eek:

I reel off 34.76 squares the first time, and then fold in half at precisely the first whole square following the division of the square root into the this number. This process reduces itself by 0.253 each time it cycles, so that within four reels it has become a negative integer of acute proportions and enters the antimatter stage...

Seriously I don't count..

Jaffa Cake

macrumors Core
Aug 1, 2004
The City of Culture, Englandshire
On the average, how many squares of toilet paper do you use per "application"?
Naturally, it varies from 'application' to 'application'.

For example, TextEdit will only require a couple of sheets whereas an 'application' like Photoshop will generally require a lot, lot more. And don't even get me started on most games, some of which can require the equivalent of a small tree.

themoonisdown09

macrumors 601
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
Georgia, USA

For example, TextEdit will only require a couple of sheets whereas an 'application' like Photoshop will generally require a lot, lot more. And don't even get me started on most games, some of which can require the equivalent of a small tree.

I guess it does depend on how dirty the application is.

Zombie Acorn

macrumors 65816
Feb 2, 2009
Toronto, Ontario
If you are trying to save the environment by not rolling off too much toilet paper maybe you should just load 2000 grams of fiber a day. Sure, you might be bleeding inside, but think about the environment.

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
It depends very much on the quality of the paper, as well as the quality of the poop I'm wiping up :)

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs

I assume internet browsers require 2-3 rolls then? Especially on those lonely Friday nights?

Rojo

macrumors 65816
Sep 26, 2006
Barcelona
Who actually counts squares?? :confused:
I just tear off what seems like a "reasonable amount" and there ya go...

CorvusCamenarum

macrumors 65816
Dec 16, 2004
Birmingham, AL
Who actually counts squares?? :confused:
I just tear off what seems like a "reasonable amount" and there ya go...

My ex-wife did, or presumably still does. She's quite the neurotic.

To answer the original question - it depends wholly on what I ate that produced the need for toilet paper in the first place.

Abstract

macrumors Penryn
Dec 27, 2002
Location Location Location
I just hop into the shower and let it rinse down the drain.

Actually, I use a lot more than 3-4 squares. I can't believe you guys use so few. I may use more than 8 squares (guesstimate) if conditions are bad.

Do you scrunch up, or fold it? I fold.

echeck

macrumors 68000
Apr 20, 2004
Boise, Idaho
If it's two-ply then I use four squares, and if it's single-ply I obviously double that. I then repeat as necessary.

I don't count either, but I subconciously take the same every time.

For those of you 2-3 square folks, how could that possibly be enough??? :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.