Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Feb 11, 2009, 01:48 PM   #1
gene thos
macrumors newbie

Powerbook G4 will not start, no beeps, HD spins, caps light on, no picture

I have a Powerbook G4 17 that I have been working on. I recently replaced the screen and verified that it worked prior to buttoning it back up. When buttoning the powerbook back up, I nicked two wires with screws. One was part of the LCD wire that comes from the LCD itself. The second was the airport wire that is wrapped around the screen. I wrapped them back up with a cover and preceeded to get using my comp again. Once finally put back together, I could not get it to turn on. Here is what I have found.

*Power button is pressed and HD spins and Superdrive will spin with a disk in it. There is no picture/no beeps/and starting with various other start-up options did not work (Reset PRAM/PMU/disconnecting PRAM battery/opt-s/opt-c/and about anything else i could think of. Will not start from just battery and only with the powercord. The CAPS lock light is operational at this point but cannot get any beeps with pressing any other keys.

Any pointers would be awesome!!!!!!
gene thos is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Feb 11, 2009, 02:07 PM   #2
BlueRevolution
macrumors 601

Take it in to the shop and have a professional look at it. There's nothing more you can do.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs