Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kolax

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
I just reinstalled OS X last night after upgrading my hard drive. All I've done is install all the software that was on my previous hard drive (didn't migrate or anything, fresh install of everything).

However, when ever I click on a Stack and click "Open in Finder", Apple Loops Utility loads instead of the stack folder!

stacks_finder.png

How do I get rid of this? I've never experienced this before - and haven't installed any cracks or modified Finder yet.

kolax

macrumors G3
Original poster
Mar 20, 2007
Well, I never used that application (part of Logic), so I just deleted it.

Problem solved...but still puzzled as to why this happened when I've had Logic installed before.

pgajg

macrumors newbie
Jun 27, 2007
mine does the same, but instead of the utility it opens the program. any ideas?! it's very annoying

mtel

macrumors newbie
Jul 28, 2009
Apple Loops Fix

Open Terminal, type in this command, and press return.

/System/Library/Frameworks/CoreServices.framework/Versions/A/Frameworks/LaunchServices.framework/Versions/A/Support/lsregister -kill -r -domain local -domain system -domain user

Once it's finished, type in this command in Terminal to restart the Dock:

killall Dock

I found this on some other site and it worked for me...

AppleMactablet

macrumors regular
Jan 25, 2010
THE SOLUTION

The Problem:
Whenever opening a folder in the dock and clicking "Open in Finder" it would open the Preview app, or Xee (which I consider the better Preview)

After trial and error/deleting/restarting/logging in and out/deleting the plist in finder/dock/preview/xee
I only found two articles on the whole internet describing the same issue (I spent a whole hour googling this)
So this is what I have found...

The Solution:

You might need to or if you have ever downloaded the program: Default Apps
The Site: http://www.rubicode.com/Software/RCDefaultApp/

In the program Default Apps under the tab "File Type" and go to "fold" change it to "Finder" it still may pull up iPhoto but just test it, till you get Finder to pull up, and there you go

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.