Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
We've been resting on our laurels folks but the time has come to crank up the machine again. We have several teams on our overtake list, but our output has been lagging lately. We've had some big contributors lose machines, and have seen the usual ebb and flow of people joining the team - we just happen to be in a trough right now.

So, how about we renew our efforts to push past SpeedGuide.net (19 days 'til overtake right now) a little sooner and offset the position change when SAGoons pass us (unless we can finally get over that 30k/day mark consistently and hold them off :D)?

I'm moving some machines back from other projects (sorry SETI) to help out. What can you do to help? :)

cjc343

macrumors 6502
I currently have a PB 1250 and a 702 mhz windoze box both working on Folding...... Fairly slowly.. I expect the Windows box to finish te first WU in a couple days, the PB should be finished tomorrow.

I know I am going to employ many more computers fairly soon, but I am not sure exactly when..... **YAWN** 79 frames to go on the PB........

WAY too many on the Beige POC that is sitting on my desk.....

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
As far as I know I'm doing the best that I can Rower_CPU. I have 3 machines, 4 processors running. So far my wife is allowing 24/7. I ask a friend actually my pastor with a G5 dual, but due to security he had to decline. If there is anymore that I can do let me know.

twiztidn8v

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2004
Ocean City, MD
I don't have anymore resources I can put together of my own, just yet... But I will try to recruit some on other forums that I frequent. It's the best I can do for now, but it's better than nothing!

I am also working on something I've been wanting to do for some time, and that's a website to help our new recruits set things up and whatnot. I'm working on a design now, and hopefully it will encourage our new team members to use the CLI and to make it easy to set up.

I'm open for any suggestions! ;)

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
twiztidn8v-
I'd love to see what you come up with for a design. We've played with the idea of a separate MR F@H site for stats/recruiting in the past but we never went through with it.

twiztidn8v

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2004
Ocean City, MD
I'm not heavy into web design, but i can put together a basic site, and hopefully it will grow from there. If you would like to see the design I'm workig on just let me know [it'll be in jpg format, as I'm still working on the design part of it], and I can show you, it's nothing super impressive, but I think it'll get the job done.

I can do the design well enough, given I don't have alot of free time, but it's in the html, css and whatnot that I have very little knowledge. So what I start with will be basic html and maybe javascripts. I have some ideas for the site and what I would like to put on there, but more ideas are welcome!

twiztidn8v

macrumors member
Jan 18, 2004
Ocean City, MD
Way to go! Every little bit helps the cause and MacRumors as a team!

I have a 700 Mhz iMac G3 folding for me! It finishes the WU's well enough! Anything to contribute!

Are you home for Spring Break????

Fold on!

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
Heee, leave my B&W out of it! It's now also supporting the team 24/7 since a couple of nights. Finally got the router configured correctly and now both machines (B&W 400 and dual 1.8 G5) are up and folding 24/7. I must say, my G5 is about ten times faster (only one proc) then my B&W. Guys what more can I hook up? Also have an LC doing nothing, hmmm, I see the possibilities!! :D Also will try to hack the network at work for one more try, folding is unable to go through the firewall (but I do got internet on it, so according to F@H it should be able to get and send WU's). Then I have also a P4 2.0 folding 24/7.

cjc343

macrumors 6502
I am new to folding.....

I have two machines folding right now, one of them is going to take about 4 1/2 more days to finish a WU.. but last night the nicer of the two, the apple PB, finished it's first WU. However, when I go to my personal statistics page, it says I have folded 0 WU's. I am certain that the stats have been updated since I sent the data.

Is this normal? How long should it take to show up?

Any help would be appreciated......

[edit: spelling]

Rower_CPU

Moderator emeritus
Original poster
Oct 5, 2001
San Diego, CA
Sometimes it takes a while for new users to show up on the stats pages, but you might also want to double-check the team # and username you entered for the configuration - just in case.

And thanks for joining the team. :)

Krizoitz

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2003
Tokyo, Japan
twiztidn8v said:
Way to go! Every little bit helps the cause and MacRumors as a team!

I have a 700 Mhz iMac G3 folding for me! It finishes the WU's well enough! Anything to contribute!

Are you home for Spring Break????

Fold on!

Yep and bored out of my mind, at least my CPU is keeping busy

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Krizoitz said:
Yep and bored out of my mind, at least my CPU is keeping busy

That is sad, I hope that you can find something fun to do while your CPU is occupied.

Krizoitz

macrumors 68000
Apr 26, 2003
Tokyo, Japan
wdlove said:
That is sad, I hope that you can find something fun to do while your CPU is occupied.

Yeah, well what can you do. I gave up video games for lent, most of my friends here at home aren't on spring break, and I live in a very boring town. Its a good thing we have cable and I've got some books to read otherwise I'd be stark raving mad :)

Dreadnought

macrumors 68020
Jul 22, 2002
Almere, The Netherlands
Krizoitz said:
Yeah, well what can you do. I gave up video games for lent, most of my friends here at home aren't on spring break, and I live in a very boring town. Its a good thing we have cable and I've got some books to read otherwise I'd be stark raving mad :)

Well, leave your computer on for folding and go to Miami or something for the notorious spring break!

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
What I want is a small .jpg or .gif file so that i can post THAT in my signature on other forums which allow images in their sig.

I think I might try to get my friends to fold (finally) where is that windows hidden application again?

I don't want them to need to configure it... where is that link... arg, please hook me with a windows f@h client (like the console one for mac)

pepeleuepe

macrumors 6502
Oct 27, 2002
Los Angeles, California
I added another P4 to folding a couple weeks ago but my dual G4 has been on and off folding because I've been doing some audio recording lately. I'll keep looking for more processors though.

Also, setting up the F@H on a PC in the background is really easy with Fire Daemon as posted above. Took me about 10 minutes and I know nothing about Windows XP.

Vlade

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2003
Meadville, PA
Falleron said:
Well, I am quite pleased with my output over the last few weeks.

I know, its been hard to fend you off, we have been neck and neck for a while now. I have a 160 pointer coming in tomorrow though, in addition to my current production, so watch out!

britboy

macrumors 68030
Nov 4, 2001
Argentina
Well, if a moderator demands more production.......I've added a P4 2.4. Be nice to see if that helps my stats at all :) It's not 24/7, but should be near enough to make just that little bit of a difference.

Every little helps :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.