Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sesshi

macrumors G3
Original poster
Jun 3, 2006
One Nation Under Gordon
So I got another Classic. This one is intended to spend time outside a little more often. My previous Classic is IS'd. I want a clear (or coloured) hard case for this one. Low profile, abrasion and some degree of impact protection. What would you recommend?

sideway

macrumors newbie
Jan 28, 2009
Hard case recommendation

I use an iClear plastic case made by GRIFFON for my iPod 120g Classic. I picked it up at Best Buy for about 25 bucks. The iPod fits perfectly snug in the case and while the case does get a little scratched up, it seems to fully protect the Ipod.

three

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2008
I wouldn't recommend the iClear, it's too easy to break something off when you are trying to remove the front off of the case.

SactoGuy18

macrumors 601
Sep 11, 2006
Sacramento, CA USA
If you want really strong protection, get the Speck ToughSkin case. It does look a bit big but it does protect the iPod if you drop it from a good distance off the ground.

I use the ToughSkin case for my 3G iPod nano and it has protected the player even on a five foot drop to a hard floor. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.