Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jackimurphy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 13, 2009
So, my iBook (along with just about everything else of value that I own) was stolen off a bench in a hallway on Wednesday when I went into the next room for five minutes to help a friend with something. I am close to panicking.

The police told me to call them with the computer's serial number if I can figure it out. I know I had to type it in when I registered the computer - is there any way to retrieve it?

It was a 14" iBook G4.

I am at a complete loss for what to do.

greenday123

macrumors 6502
Dec 15, 2005
NJ
Do you have the box that the computer came in? It will be on there somewhere. Also if you have Applecare registered on the computer, or did, apple should've shipped you the information on it with the applecare number and the serial number of the machine that it is registered too. Those are the only two ways i can think of getting the serial number.

GfulDedFan

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2007
Indiana
If you ever had any service done on it, the number should appear on the service reports provided when you left the Genius Bar or received your iBook back in the mail.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.