Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SDAVE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
Nowhere
I have a 24/7 SMB server (RAID6) that I use for media serving via gigabit.

How can I auto mount this server without doing a CMD+K everytime from finder?

I want them to automatically mount upon login under OSX and show up under "Devices" right under the hard drives.

Right now the way it works is, I mount it manually (6 partitions) and it shows up on my desktop. However it does not show up under devices. What I can do is individually drag and drop these mounted drives to the devices area so other applications can easily see it.

Thanks in advance

SDAVE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
Nowhere
Thanks, I did that...however it still doesn't show up under "devices" so I have to manually drag and drop it on every launch.

Is there script out there that would let me login as well as add it to the device list upon launch automatically?

iPhil

macrumors 68040
Thanks, I did that...however it still doesn't show up under "devices" so I have to manually drag and drop it on every launch.

Is there script out there that would let me login as well as add it to the device list upon launch automatically?

I'm currently doing this with XP drives for the past year plus...

Once my mac reboots the xp drives automatically appear..

SDAVE

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Jun 16, 2007
Nowhere
I understand that, auto login worked...however I was also asking if it's possible to have them show up under devices (Without doing each drive manually one by one) such as in the picture here:

Attachments

• devices.png
    devices.png
    11 KB · Views: 806

ppc750fx

macrumors 65816
Aug 20, 2008
What about writing a LaunchAgent to do the mounting you need? That's what I'd do... but then again I'm a bash script kinda guy, so I don't always know if there's a GUI way to do something. :D

ae3265

macrumors member
Feb 3, 2009
I have a 24/7 SMB server (RAID6) that I use for media serving via gigabit.

How can I auto mount this server without doing a CMD+K everytime from finder?

I want them to automatically mount upon login under OSX and show up under "Devices" right under the hard drives.

Right now the way it works is, I mount it manually (6 partitions) and it shows up on my desktop. However it does not show up under devices. What I can do is individually drag and drop these mounted drives to the devices area so other applications can easily see it.

Thanks in advance

Take a look at "BonJour Mounter"

http://osx.iusethis.com/app/bonjourmounter

Dunno if it'll set up the devices, but it is very handy for auto-mounting AFP/CIFS/SMB/FTP/WebDAV on login, plus you don't get the Finder window opening automatically, it just mounts and you're ready to go.

iPhil

macrumors 68040
I understand that, auto login worked...however I was also asking if it's possible to have them show up under devices (Without doing each drive manually one by one) such as in the picture here:

Each time I log-in: the external drive - ( log-in xp drive) it'll show as 'shared' but to get the drive show as 'devices' need to connected via USB or Firewire connection...

I don't know if Raid6 system work under Firewire nor USB... :eek:

Thank you very much. I was wondering how to do this when I stumbled across this thread.

Thanks again.

Well my time on here is finally worth-something.. ;) :cool:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.