Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Feb 15, 2009, 04:58 PM   #1
bmalkevitch
macrumors newbie

12" PowerBook G4 won't boot - USB problems?

Today, my 12" PowerBook G4 (from around 2005) hung (system froze, clock stopped advancing). I restarted and, after the initial Leopard "Apple icon" startup screen showed for a minute, it just powered back off without another word.

I started up in verbose mode and, after a minute of normal procedures, I got a line which reads something like this:

"USBF: 25.10 OHCIRootHubPower Powerbit not sticking. retrying..."

it flashes on the screen 20 times and then the computer shuts itself off.

I can't find any information about this but it does seem to be USB related and, when the initial problem happened, I was charging my digital camera via one of the USB ports.

What do people think? Is something in the circuitry fried? Might the repair be cheap or costly?

Lastly, I can get the computer to boot in single-user mode without any problems.

Thanks for any help...e-mail replies to bmalkevitch@yahoo.com also welcome!

Ben
bmalkevitch is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs